Just for the girls......

Options
Sorry if im prying or being really personal but i was just wondering what your bodys go thru when "Aunt Flow" comes to visit?! Im usually ok but this month i feel the worst bloating ever. I also stepped on the scale this moring and i gained .6 lbs. ( i know thats not alot) but i should of lost not gained! Any insight to this would be helpful. Thank you!!!

Replies

• furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-8 lbs the week before my period. No joke
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    I usually gain 4-7 lbs, that one way I know she coming for visit
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I gain between 1-4 lbs.
  • JustineDianaD
    JustineDianaD Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I gain 4-6 on average leading up to it and during. Once I'm at the end it drops off!
    Until I had children I never noticed symptoms.
    Now I can feel the bloating and headaches! :(
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    All I want to eat is CRAP and the first day I have cramps so badly that I usually lay in bed miserable. It's better with birth control, but still awful. I also bloat and feel crappy and fat for ~a week and a half.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-8 lbs the week before my period. No joke

Oh jesus i think i would have a melt down if the happened to me
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WE ALL HAVE THAT PROBLEM HUN...AUNT FLOW IS A REAL B1#*%. I DON'T WEIGH MYSELF AROUND THOSE TIMES..
  • aanderson1126
    Options
    I've banned the scale the week prior and the week of Flo's visit. Seeing the numbers fluctuate just bums me out too much.

I focus on limiting my salt intake to help battle the bloat. Seems to help keep me in my "skinny" pants vs my "feel fat" pants.
  • rach2705
    rach2705 Posts: 107
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority in that I get no weight gain at all. I'm not on any birth control either. Losing weight has helped my periods tremendously. I do get heavy legs running on the treadmill but only for one of two days.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I just do not weigh myself before Aunt Flow comes. I feel like crap & seeing my "weight gain" makes me even more cranky and sad. I would just suggest avoiding the scale during that time of the month.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    be aware that your weight "gain" during this time is NOT fat
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Back in 'the day' weight gain was 3 to 6 lbs water weight each month with chocolate cravings. Don't miss it a bit. LOL
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-5 pounds a couple days before, stabilize during, and drop it suddenly toward the end. I always forget that it's on the way and freak out when my weight starts jumping up.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I gain about 5 pounds as early as 2 weeks before she srrives which usually goes away the day of or the 2nd day in. My bloating and icky feeling is uaully before as well. I get slight cramping the day of and the next day.
  • Neondg
    Neondg Posts: 5
    Options
    I eat like crap for a week and I gain several pounds, than a few days after she's done, I go to my lowest weight. I fluxuate about 5 lbs, from my heaviest to my lightest, throughout the month. Part is probably because of lack of exercise, bloating, and increased calorie intake, but definately bloating has a lot to do with the weight gain because of water retention, etc.

If I didn't get my period every month, I'd lose twice as much weight, lol.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    I can gain up to 10 lbs the week before my period, and it doesn't go away until the week after, when my period has finally ended. Your periods aren't always the same, every now and then you react differently, sometimes weird things happen. Once in a blue moon I'll have a weird symptom I don't usually suffer with. Hormones are pretty unpredictable, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    be aware that your weight "gain" during this time is NOT fat

Truth.

Water weight will show up on the scale just as much as muscle, fat, etc. I usually weigh 1-3 pounds more in the week and a half leading up to TOM, and then by day 3, it's gone.

You can't gain that much fat, that fast. I try to combat the water weight drinking tons of water and tea, and trying to limit my sodium intake because that just makes the water weight gain worse for me.
  • e_NV_y
    e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Maybe TMI but im currently going through this atrocious week and I gained a lb.. I know its probably water weight but its depressing! I keep weighing myself daily to see if it drops back. but Im just gonna continue to workout/eat good and see what next week brings.. geez. lol

Also Someone needs to keep ALL the unhealthy snacks away from THIS girl.. seems like I'm a bottomless pit!! UGH!
  • kimdarren
    kimdarren Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I always gain 5-7lbs. I've actually checked with the Dr about this and he told me it's water retention that always happens just before your cycle. It's normal so I wouldn't worry about it. I just remember not to weigh myself when I know I'm due on, it can get depressing! :)