Women with big feet

Options

Replies

• rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    im roughly a US size 10 and (maybe im weird) but i dont mind my big feet lol
  • mebmcb
    mebmcb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Asics, Brooks and New Balance. I wear 11 in street shoes, but size up to 12 for running shoes. It's almost impossible to find a store with 12s so I order them online. I've ordered several pair at once from Zappos.com and then return the ones I don't want to keep. They have an easy return process without extra shipping costs to send back. I can also get Brooks online from Brooks.com in a 12 where I can't get the same model from Zappos in a 12.
  • heirloomtomato
    heirloomtomato Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Heel pain and shin splints are signs that you are not wearing the correct shoes for your foot. You need to go to a running store or a New Balance store and have an expert look at your feet and suggest the right, corrective shoe. I suffered from shin splints and heel pain for years and finally found out that I have a flat foot and over pronate (under pronation also causes these symptoms). Now that I wear the correct shoes, the pain is gone (and has been for a number of years....though the heel pain does come back on occasion when I wear other shoes and do a lot of walking for work or whatever. Then, stretching helps a lot.)

Any good, comprehensive running store should have shoes in your size.

BTW, you absolutely should stretch your heels before you run. Doing that will also help with the heel pain.
  • clairedance
    Options
    Find a running store. Near me there are several stores that specialize in running, walking, cross-training, and other athletic shoes. You want the shoe pros to find something that fits your foot build, and also something that feels really good to you. You might also want to invest in some good, supportive running socks. I like the kind with cushy toes and heels, and tight & stretchy around my arches.

The biggest hurdle is that the best-for-your-feet shoes are pretty expensive. You can expect to pay $100 at least. For me, I am comfortable paying that kind of money for athletic shoes, because they will prevent injury and make the workout experience better than a pair of cheap, flat shoes would. My take on it is that my feet are my foundation, and if I pay pennies for crappy shoes, I can't expect to have a good foundation.

I will also say that as you lose weight, your feet might get smaller! I started out with size 10 feet, but now I'm wearing 9.5, no more 10's!

Good luck!
  • yubyub
    yubyub Posts: 8
    Options
    I wear a women's size 12 and a Men's size 11 (weird I know...)

When I can find them, I buy Asics, but I have to buy a 12.5 to fit right.
  • mama1229
    mama1229 Posts: 57
    Options
    The Saucony Pro Grid series are amazing. I'm a size 10N and they are the first shoes that have actually fit right. Another brand I haven't tried but know are excellent are Brooks.
    ^^This--I have some in 12's and they are the best fitting shoes I have ever put on my big clod-hoppin' feet. I actually ordered mine from 6pm.com.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    LOL, I hear that.
    I am a US size 10 and I hate it. Any kind of running shoe makes my feet look huge.

Actually, your feet are what make your feet look big. :wink: Seriously though, as others have pointed out, go to a running store.

I wear size 11's - I also don't mind that I have big feet - better balance!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 10 here. I stick mostly with Nike ultra light weight or minimal running shoes. Heel pain (esp if it is on the back of the heel as opposed to the bottom of the heel) can be caused by either a spur or inflamation of the tendon. One of the leading causes when running is a problem with your stride. I would strongly suggest that you go to an actual "running" store and have your stride analyzed so that they can help you choose the right shoe for you. It's kind of like our Lifestyle and eating habits. What works for me could possibly derail you. It's not a "one size fits all". Good luck.
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I am planning on going to a running store to have my size and stride analyzed. Maybe once I get the stores suggestions I will post to get some feedback before I choose a specific shoe. :)
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am a size 11 and mens shoes are too wide. I am wearing K Swiss Tubes and have been for the last year. I love them!:heart:
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a US size 12. I wear Asics. I really like them.
  • coreydonner
    coreydonner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow some big feet. Im a size 6 guys or 7.5 womens. 5'8
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Have you tried men's running shoes? I find they often fit my foot shape better than women's.

Specific brands depend more on foot shape than length. High or low arches, toe knuckles relative to heel, etc.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread....
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Necro thread, deleted.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Over 6 yrs old....
  • Carmen_TX
    Carmen_TX Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the shin splints. I had them too.

After working with my doctor and physical therapist, the best thing that kicked my shin splits so they didn’t come back was doing all my running in trail running shoes - because they provide extra stability. My favorite brand is Salomon. Never had trouble finding them in sizes for my big lady feet either.

Good luck! Keep us posted.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Carmen_TX wrote: »
    Good luck! Keep us posted.

Cuz... It's only been 6 yrs...

LOL
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them fit you for a pair. I wear brooks ghost something or rather and they look like clown shoes on me but I don't care.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher Your attempts to rein in this particular zombie thread appear to be ineffectual :laugh: Everyone keeps giving good advice 6 years too late.