A good read? What do you recommend?

Options
When I have a few minutes of down time, I like to pick up a magazine or a book to read. Usually it's something "mindless" like a gossip magazine or cheesy romance novel. Now that I'm trying to lead a healthier lifestyle, I want to use these minutes to read something encouraging or informative about health, weight loss, exercise, etc. I'm not looking for anything about specific diet plans or specific exercise programs, I want something more general. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Smilejoelle1
    Smilejoelle1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just finished the book Accidental Runner by John Birgham, it was hilarious and has inspired me to try running.
  • RynoSada15
    RynoSada15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The only fitness magazine I read with regularity is Oxygen. Is has lots of motivational tips, different variations of exercises, success stories, and lots of clean eating, healthy recipes. It is great for those who are more intense fitness people and also for those who are starting out. I always rip out the recipes and keep them in a binder for ideas. I also have Tosca Reno's "The Eat Clean Diet," which also has recipes, strategies, tips, meal plans, etc.
  • mhoadley
    mhoadley Posts: 27
    Options
    50 Marathons in 50 Days by Dean Karanazes. Great read for anyone looking for motivation and a good adventure.
  • rebeccaboise
    rebeccaboise Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Into Thin Air is about an ill-fated climb up Mt. Everest. Not really uplifting in the classic sense, but interesting to read about the limits of human endurance. I recommend. It's by Jon Kraukauer.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Born to Run!
  • edena1987
    edena1987 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Coach Yourself Thin.
  • Leah5449
    Leah5449 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Swimming to Antarctica by Lynne Cox, Run Like a Girl by Mina Samuels
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i have one called 'dance naked' or similar. pretty much a stripper's 'how to' on feeling comfortable and sexy in your own skin.
    it gives me an attitude adjustment (in a positive way) every time i read it...
    i'll dig it up to find the authors name...