Selling your "fat" clothes

Options
Like many others I have clothes that are way too big for me and that I know I'll never wear again. I've kept them up to this point but I think after 2 yrs its time to sell them. What has everyone else done with their clothes? Do you bring them into a consignment type place or sell them on ebay?

Replies

• lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I dropped mine off at Goodwill.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

This.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I either donate them (I have a place here that is like a Goodwill except the money they raise goes towards low cost spay/neuter for pets) or I give them to a coworker who is also working on losing weight, but is a couple of sizes larger than me right now. She's much younger than me, so there are certain things I know she wouldn't like and certain things I know she'd love.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I either donate to salvation army or goodwill (whoever has a drop box thats closest) or give them as hamidowns to my step cousins. The problem is they are all SO tall, that they are like 13 wearing clothes I was just wearing
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Any clothes that don't fit me anymore, I give away to my nieces or sisters, and whatever they don't want goes to goodwill.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I usually goodwill or if it's really nice clothes like some of my suits I give them to my sister or friends that want them.
  • HOTTMESSYGIRL
    Options

This.

I soooo agree with this!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Goodwill gets mine as well.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Goodwill or Salvation Army.

But if it's a really nice piece that I know might fit someone, I like to give it to them. And there are a few things I just cannot part with, and might have altered!

But I'm not at the place I want to be yet, and getting rid of the fat clothes seems a bit dangerous ................lol.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Goodwill or Salvation Army.

But if it's a really nice piece that I know might fit someone, I like to give it to them. And there are a few things I just cannot part with, and might have altered!

But I'm not at the place I want to be yet, and getting rid of the fat clothes seems a bit dangerous ................lol.

I know I feel like getting rid of my clothes will jinx me or something. How weird is that. There is a place where I live that has nice 2nd hand clothes for women that I might try and take my stuff to. They buy it from you on the spot. I have so many nice things that its hard for me to give them away to Goodwill for nothing. After everything I've spent on new clothes it would be nice to get some $ back. Whatever they don't want then maybe I will donate.
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    sell it on ebay in lots of 5 they sell pretty well then i use the $ i make to go towards new stuf that fits :)
  • krit816
    krit816 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have given them to friends that will use them, and if not donated them to a thrift store.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I have donated mine to a local womans shelter.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. I have three yard sized bags so far, and will likely have one or two more by the end of March.
  • Hoegers
    Hoegers Posts: 17
    Options
    I've done both charities and consignment stores. It seems like the tax right off may actually be more beneficial than the amount I've made from consignment.