Check out my food diary please? :)

Options
xoxluvvy
xoxluvvy Posts: 15 Member
I've been on MFP for a while now and I've just been trying to get in shape. Can you please look at my food diary for the past few days?
P.S.:
I tend to overestimate what I eat and underestimate my exercise so I can be sure I don't get my hopes up too high. I try to be as accurate as possible, but look at the negative side when I'm not too sure. Thanks!

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You need to get more protein. If you get a HRM, you'll know how many calories your burning and a scale to weigh your food.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    you really need to try and get more protein (half your body weight in grams). your sodium was really high on one day as well - this will cause you to hang on to water - see if you can get a bit more fresh food in. also try to eat all your calories even the extra ones from excercise, MFP has already calculated a deficit for you so don't congratulate yourself for making it larger than it should be - your body will start to burn muscle to compensate and may also store more fat. that sounds a bit preachy, sorry but hope it helps :D
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Definitely need more protein. I would change your goals to 40/30/30, by this I mean the percentage of carbs/protein/fat, this is what I followed for a while and I lost 4lb and I was 124lb, male, 5'5" and it gets harder losing weight at such a low weight anyway.

Just increase your protein goal and intake a bit more. Do a bit of strength training as well to increase your muscle mass which should help you burn calories regardless of what you are doing.

Also, like gsager suggested, get some scales for your food. You might be looking at the food and think that it's let's say 30g, but in actual fact you could of added 50g which will give you an unknown amount of calories added on. I think the reason a lot of people lose weight is because they weigh there food. I did and I lost weight, quicker than before I started weighing food. You wouldn't estimate the ingredients when trying to bake a cake, you might go overboard with a certain ingredient and it could turn out nasty, this is the same with your body, not saying your body will turn out nasty lol :D
  • xoxluvvy
    xoxluvvy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'll definitely try to make these changes! I'm really happy that people replied!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You're not hitting MFP target numbers- eat back your exercise calories. If you want to get in shape then FUEL your workouts. MFP already has a deficit built into the system- eat back your exercise calories. :)