How to get rid of Belly Fat & Thighs?

Options
I would like to know how do I tone up and lose the fat in my belly, and thighs? Any tips?

Replies

• kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    squats, dealifts, etc. Big heavy compound lifts, none of that bunny weight crap. Add to that a high protein diet and some moderate cardio and you'll see some nice gains in muscle all over.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    squats, dealifts, etc. Big heavy compound lifts, none of that bunny weight crap. Add to that a high protein diet and some moderate cardio and you'll see some nice gains in muscle all over.

^ This exactly. Weight lifting combined with decent cardio & a good diet will have you shaped up in no time. I'm on day 11 of the Body For Life program. Google it. I paid .75 cents for the hardcover book on Half.com instead of $19 on Amazon. I'm already seeing GREAT results.
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'll pass along what my personal trainer has told me; there really is no way to get fat off of just one place, you have to just keep up the healthy eating and working out and the fat will burn away as your body wants it to. Sometimes you'll see alot of inch loss in your bust or your hips, even if you don't want it there lol.

But strengthing your core is very important, that's what will help you look much shapelier when the fat does burn off, so crunches, sit ups, and leg raises are all great core strengtheners. As for legs, deadlifts are awesome for toning up thighs and buns, squats, lunges and leg press are all good for quads, saddlebags and glutes.

Hope this helps! :happy:
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i use youtube. type in POP pilates. warning: you will be in a lot of pain (good pain) LOL
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I'll pass along what my personal trainer has told me; there really is no way to get fat off of just one place, you have to just keep up the healthy eating and working out and the fat will burn away as your body wants it to. Sometimes you'll see alot of inch loss in your bust or your hips, even if you don't want it there lol.

But strengthing your core is very important, that's what will help you look much shapelier when the fat does burn off, so crunches, sit ups, and leg raises are all great core strengtheners. As for legs, deadlifts are awesome for toning up thighs and buns, squats, lunges and leg press are all good for quads, saddlebags and glutes.

Word from Frozenmango! No such thing as spot reducing. Work on the overall and the problem areas will come into line.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

^^^^^ this - plus getting as much sugar and processed carbs out of your diet (go google "fructose carbs and belly fat")
  • mrsambitious
    mrsambitious Posts: 40 Member
    Options

^ This exactly. Weight lifting combined with decent cardio & a good diet will have you shaped up in no time. I'm on day 11 of the Body For Life program. Google it. I paid .75 cents for the hardcover book on Half.com instead of $19 on Amazon. I'm already seeing GREAT results.

thanks, I will
  • mrsambitious
    Options

That makes sense, and very helpful thanks
  • mrsambitious
    Options
    Thanks ladi's :smile:
  • mrsambitious
    Options
    i use youtube. type in POP pilates. warning: you will be in a lot of pain (good pain) LOL

I can believe it. thanks hun
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Running will burn the fat and tone the muscles.