Question about flab and reaching weight loss goal

Options
Hi,

I'm about 2.5 lbs way from my weight loss goal of 121.5 lbs and still have a lot of flab on my arms, thighs, butt, and abdomen. I know you can't target those areas, but what happens when I stop losing weight? Am I stuck with this? I'd love any input. Thanks!

Replies

• purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Strength training with heavy weights will firm those areas up.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will only help this so much and you've probably done all that you can with that. The thing that will make the difference now is some strength training to tighten that tissue all up by building muscle.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

This

and change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5lbs/week. the larger your deficit is the more likely you are to lose muscle along with fat. Keep a very small deficit, eat enough protein and lift heavy weights if you want to change your body composition.
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options

This

and change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5lbs/week. the larger your deficit is the more likely you are to lose muscle along with fat. Keep a very small deficit, eat enough protein and lift heavy weights if you want to change your body composition.

this!
  • Ninotchka
    Options
    I'm already at 1/2 lb. per week. In about 5 weeks I will go into maintenance mode. Time to step up the strength training and add a little more protein to my diet. I do have a tendency to favor carbs. Thanks much everyone!
  • Ninotchka
    Options
    Also, I just realized I made it sound like I lost 121.5 lbs which is not true. I will weigh 121.5 in about 5 weeks. :tongue: Oops.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

Very true. I've lost over 100lbs with about 38 to go and I have noticed significant difference because of strength training. Don't be afraid to lift heavy - so many women seem to be. Barbie-bells will not help you tone up.
  • Ninotchka
    Options
    Thanks!
  • purplelady87
    purplelady87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have wondered about this too! What would lifting heavy be? 10 lb weights? Also would it make you bulk up or can you get lean muscles?