Encouragement Needed Please!

Options
I guess everyone has these days from time to time but i feel really really fat and awful today (despite not straying from eating healthily). I know i'm probably no fatter than i have been, but i feel it today and it is really making me feel upset and like my diet isn't working (even though it probably is)

Anyone else get this?

:sad:

Replies

• kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes (especially around TOM)- I have lost 16 lbs and I tell my hubby I can't see it .... drives me nuts - I think that feeling it normal and I think a different lifestyle leads to hormonal changes ... just a thought ! Good Luck
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes too. The thing that has helped me this time is to not think long term but just focus on today. Even if you aren't feeling good about yourself you still need to choose the right things for today. Exercise always helps me to feel better. Even when I'm depressed and don't want to exercise, I make myself because I know that I will feel much better after and be in a better frame of mind. You can do this! Do you take measurments and did you take pictures? I have and the measurments have helped me to be able to see a difference in my body. I haven't done "after" pics yet because I'm waiting a couple more pounds to get "in progress" pics. Sorry this is so long, but I hope that it helped!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    On days like this I take that frustration out on the gym and work it until I cant move. Work it out! Kick butt! Use it to your avantage!
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I measured my waist and hips today but we don't have a fabric tape measure in the house so i used my hubbys metal one which i don't think will be accurate enough?

I just feel bloated and disgusting and i am noticing the fat under my chin a LOT for some reason. Any ideas on things to help this? As i lose more weight, i'll have less chins.... right?
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I would think a metal tape measure would not be very accurate. Because it doesnt flex around you, you are going to get a higher reading that reality.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The dreaded fat day! Remember your feelings are valid but don't determine reality. If you feel fatter than you did yesterday, you know that it's just a feeling, and soon you will feel normal again. If you are feeling bloated, try picking up your fluids today: taking in more liquid encourages your body to release water retention. And good luck! (Feel free to add me if you ever need to talk. :) )
  • Joannie30
    Options
    The dreaded fat day! Remember your feelings are valid but don't determine reality. If you feel fatter than you did yesterday, you know that it's just a feeling, and soon you will feel normal again. If you are feeling bloated, try picking up your fluids today: taking in more liquid encourages your body to release water retention. And good luck! (Feel free to add me if you ever need to talk. :) )

Aw thank you thats lovely!! I rarely drink anything really apart from coffee lol. I would have thought drinking more fluids would CAUSE water retention? is that dumb?
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have "fat" days and "skinny" days. No reason for them. They just happen. When I have a "fat" day, I stand in front of a mirror and really look at myself. Then I pull out an old picture of myself (at 300+ lbs), smile, laugh and remember what "fat" really was! On the "skinny" days, I hide my charge cards so I don't go out and buy more clothes!
  • aliwhurst
    Options
    I feel that way sometimes, but what help me out is to change my workout times from evenings to early morning. Sometimes our bodies just need shocking. And then a lot of time we all really just encouragement to HANG IN THERE. Believe me you are truly not alone.
  • Joannie30
    Options
    I have "fat" days and "skinny" days. No reason for them. They just happen. When I have a "fat" day, I stand in front of a mirror and really look at myself. Then I pull out an old picture of myself (at 300+ lbs), smile, laugh and remember what "fat" really was! On the "skinny" days, I hide my charge cards so I don't go out and buy more clothes!

Yeah i can't say i have "skinny days" as such. I do have "less fat than usual" days sometimes, which are pretty cool, but they are usually followed by days like today when i just feel enormous and like a total failure to myself as if my hard work is doing absolutely nothing and i may as well give up. I do know that would be stupid though.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's not stupid at all--it makes logical sense that drinking more water would make you more bloated. But no, it will actually shift around some electrolytes and help your body release. I drink a lot of coffee and green tea and not tons of straight water myself. However, making a homemade tea lemonade (green or black tea, lemon juice, sweetener of choice) might really help you flush. BTW if your avatar is you, you don't look fat to me at all. You are adorable-and not in the "chubby and cute" way. You don't appear chubby in the slightest. Nice defined collar bones, beautiful little chin.
  • Joannie30
    Options
    It's not stupid at all--it makes logical sense that drinking more water would make you more bloated. But no, it will actually shift around some electrolytes and help your body release. I drink a lot of coffee and green tea and not tons of straight water myself. However, making a homemade tea lemonade (green or black tea, lemon juice, sweetener of choice) might really help you flush. BTW if your avatar is you, you don't look fat to me at all. You are adorable-and not in the "chubby and cute" way. You don't appear chubby in the slightest. Nice defined collar bones, beautiful little chin.

Wow what a lovely thing to say! Yes it's me, but it's me from a VERY long time ago! (about 3 years ago) I have that as my picture to remind me of what i'm trying to get back to. Thank you so much though for your lovely comments! That has made my day! :happy:
  • rkpixler
    rkpixler Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I am having a fat day I get out a pair of jeans I havent wore in a month or so and when they fit better then they did a month ago I usually feel better and can move on!!