lost 23lbs and 24.5 inches!

Options
I have tried so many "diets" through the years. Yet never lost more than 8 lbs of water weight. I have starved myself, ate those stupid Lean Cuisines, taken pills.... NEVER AGAIN!

Last year I was 165 lbs (at 5'4)
Today I am 142 lbs and 24.5" inches smaller! (not done yet!)

I get asked all the time "how did you do it? are you taking something?"
Oh man wouldn't it be nice to be able to eat Pizza, McDonalds, ice cream and cupcakes, sit on your butt all day, take a magic pill and be a size 2 with a 6 pack!..... Not reality.

How? Good old fashion healthy eating and exercise. I cut out ALL fast food, I do not eat sugar, replace one meal a day with a Green Smoothie with Protein Powder. I do not eat anything out of a can or box. I snack on celery, carrots, almonds and hard boiled eggs when I am hungry, cut down a lot on my carbs. I eat Lean meats and I NEVER starve myself!

I Do one hour of Zumba at my local gym a week, one hour of Pilates and one hour of Yoga. and when I am in the mood, I go for a run on the tread mill.

I don't like to call this a diet. I like to think of it as a Lifestyle change. I used to diet and could not wait till it was over so I could eat a Pizza. That did not work.

One BIG thing that helps is that i give myself a cheat day. For me it is Saturday and I call it my Faturday (as per Dr. OZ. lol)
On this day I eat as I normally do but I make a nice Homemade meal for dinner that isn't "healthy" eg, homemade burgers, Cabbage rolls, pasta, KD and hotdogs (lol just love that one) NEVER take out though.
And I tell you this works. My hubby and I look forward to that meal all week. And it totally helps us get through the salads the rest of the time.

This did not happen over night. It took almost a year to get where I am now and feel great!
I set a goal and I am almost there! Never been prouder of myself and I am never going back!!!

(I am at work so I do not have photos but maybe I will post them when i get home. :)

I just wanted to share my story because this is what worked for me. Maybe it will work for you.
Good Luck Everyone!!!

Replies

• ashambostonfan
    Options
    Solid advice, and honestly slow, and steady is the best way for longer lasting results. At least I think liked to think so.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You are my shero...I'm so proud of you!!!! Thank you for posting this most encouraging and inspirational post--you winner YOU!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much for sharing. My scale has not moved in a while. But I'm feeling better. And its like something goes off in ur head that tells u its time to just do it. There r no excuses.
  • Ssnyder13
    Options
    WOW thats great, thank you for sharing your story with us...:flowerforyou:
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Very welll done!!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    That's exactly right. It's many different choices each and every day. And making the right ones MOST of the time. We have a thai food delivery meal once a week and I LOVE. It's horrible for us I'm sure, but it can't be salads until the end of time. You can still have a meal, a piece of cake, whatever...then the rest of the time eat well for your body's health. Cheers!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone! Just love MFP :)
  • nattybatty71
    Options
    Wow, well done and thank you for sharing. I've recently joined am also 5 4" and starting at 162lb. Your story has given me encouragement, thanks again.
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely correct. Thanks for the reminder, that it takes time and dedication! and Congrats on such an achievement and best wishes reading your goal!!!!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Wow, well done and thank you for sharing. I've recently joined am also 5 4" and starting at 162lb. Your story has given me encouragement, thanks again.

Good Luck to you! Keep at it and when you start seeing results and most of all feeling better it becomes an addiction to keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!