TurboFire...

Options
Hey everyone!! I am about to start my Turbo Fire but I am curious approx how many calories you are burning with different classes?? And how are you adding it here on MFP?? I don't have a heart rate monitor that measures calories burned, I only have my nike+ sensor and not sure how accurate that will be for measuring cals burned...

TIA for all the input!!

Jina

Replies

• glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've done the Hiit15, Hiit 20, Fire 55 EZ (NOT easy), Fire 30 and Fire 45 (new to class) workouts so far.

I burn, on average, about:

175 calories with Hiit 15
    185 calories with Hiit 20 (I find the 20 easier than the 15)
    690 calories with Fire 55 EZ
    425 with Fire 30
    615 with Fire 45 (using the new to class option)

That said, everyone's going to be different. Your caloric burn is determined by intensity as well as your weight, lean muscle mass, etc. There are a lot of people saying they're burning in excess of 600 calories on the short 15-20 minute HiiT workouts. I honestly don't know how that's feasibly possible. I wear a Bodybugg and oftentimes wear a HRM at the same time and get similar readings for the workouts I do. My Bodybugg measures my calorie burn/minute, and it takes a LOT for me to get to a 10-11 calorie/minute burn. I seriously feel like I'm ready to die when I get it that high (and my HR is right around 90-92% max). To burn 600 calories in 20 minute, I would have to maintain a 30 calorie/minute burn. I don't see that happening...EVER).

I'm starting my Turbo Fire/ChaLean Extreme hybrid on Sunday. I have to finish my last 3 days of my current CLX round and then I'm right there with you.
  • angel60067
    angel60067 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have been burning from 500-800 calories a workout!!
  • jerena2
    jerena2 Posts: 22
    Options
    I think the most I've burned from any of the TurboFire workouts was close to 400 calories. Guess I should add the weighted gloves!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How can I calculate mine without the body bugg??
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    How can I calculate mine without the body bugg??
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I think the most I've burned from any of the TurboFire workouts was close to 400 calories. Guess I should add the weighted gloves!

OMG!! I did Fire 45 last night with gloves and I am so sore today!! Totally makes a difference, you should try it!!
  • Linds569
    Linds569 Posts: 5
    Options
    Haha I love that you said that Fire 55 EZ is not easy - I totally agree. I feel like I'm about to die at the end of all the workouts, even the EZ ones.

I bought a Body Bugg today because I'm curious to see what I burn in each workout.
  • CoachRanell
    Options
    I have done turbo fire for round 2 months now and I have been burning on an average of 300 to 800 cals with every work out. the HIIT work outs keep your heart rate elevated for a lil while after the work out (varies from work out to work out) so you burn a lot more cals and fat even after the work out!