2012 is going to be the year of "me"

Options
Hi everyone. I woke up this morning and decided that I don't want to be an overweight 46 year old anymore who is constantly in a bad mood. So - I got on the elliptical for 30 minutes and joined myfitnesspal. I am also going to start taking a pilates class one evening a week. Looking forward to getting to know others in the same boat I am in.

As I said, I am 46 years old. I have a wondeful husband and three beautiful daughters, 18 (graduating from high school this year), 15 (my dancer who would live at the studio if I let her) and an 11 year old (likes to try everything). They keep me busy, but I have decided that this year is my year and that I am going to take time to take care of myself.

Replies

• ashtonalayna
    Options
    You go girl!! You're off to a great start. Keep it up and before you know you will reach your goals. :)
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You've taken control of your life and that is truly commendable. This place is great for getting support. Best of luck!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Awesome to see u started. Feel free to add me if u need some motivation, ive been at this for quite sometime.
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    NOOOO I already said this was going to the be year of ME! :flowerforyou: :wink:

I'm so happy to hear you are going to take control of your health and your life!! You CAN do this! Kids keep us busy but we do have to make that time for ourselves! Feel free to add me if you are looking for some motivation and accountability!

Good luck & I hope you reach all your goals!
  • joannlynn12
    Options
    Feel free to add me too :)
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it!
  • mandarin776
    Options
    Welcome! I have found this site extremely useful for tracking my food intake. It was very eye opening to see how horrible my eating habits were. My only advice to you is to not go crazy with your goals. You did not gain weight overnight so you are not going to lose weight overnight. Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • Nimbkar
    Nimbkar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yep ! this is your time, Give yourself the attention you deserve!
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    In a very similar place - feel free to add me!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    nice post and don't lose that drive. welcome to mfp =)
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    Good for you! You are off to a wonderful start! Best of luck to you!
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! This is a great place to be for motivation and encouragement!!! Good luck! I'm gonna add you now.
  • mistressr
    Options
    I agree I have just recently found this website and so far I love it! I have been working out with a trainer since oct but and not losing weight because i am a terrble cheater. But I am committed to making it work this year too so i am not going to give up and i hope you don't either let's get this weight off together!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bethand3girls
    Options
    Thanks for all your support. It really means a lot. Have a great day everyone - the weather here is beautiful!!!!