please help me !

Options
Im 5'7, 23 yr old female currently weighing 174, my goal is to get to 155 lbs by the end of april (keeping fingers crossed)
But Im having trouble loosing wieght, every week Im constantly loosing 2 lbs then the next week gaining those 2 lbs back, and so on.
My main goal is a calorie intake of 1000 calories/day( i started out at 1200 as recommended but I didnt see any lost of wieght so I brought it down) and excersising an hour on the elipcitcal/day ( on days i go over my intake, I can go up to 90 to 120 minutes on the eliptical) and 50 crunches a night. my normal daily activity is fairly active, although days vary a lot from eachother. One thing that I think might be the problem is every friday I give myself a cheat day and boost my intake to about 1500-2000 calories, and I try to work out but it ususally doesnt happen that day. My question is, what can I do to get better results? how do I calculate protien/fat/carb intake ? ( ive tried to research online and I come up with really big numbers, it says I should have a 1700 cal intake, 155g of protien/day, and 62g/fat/day, ect... Am I aiming too low? and If I am, if I take in more calories does that mean Id have to work out for longer everyday too? because I work, volunteer and go to school, so that hour to workout is really all I have to spare.
any help would be appriciated, thanks!

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You should eat more than 1000 calories a day. I upped my calories & started losing more weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    please eat more.... LOTS more!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    First of all, being Moderatetely Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week), your Your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) including your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) is 2508.99 calories per day. This means that in order to lose 1.5 lbs per week, you would cut 750 calories. You should be eating 1759 calories per day...eating 1000-1200 is making your body very hungry so it retains what you eat instead of using it. Bottom line....EAT!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I am 5'7" and I have been on 1390 calories since January 9th and I eat all or most of my exercise calories. I have lost 21 lbs.
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Upping your calories and working on developing and toning muscles could help. I used to only do cardio, but also kind of flatlined on the weight loss. Maybe try mixing in some light weights and strength training in a few days a week? Even if you don't see a huge drop in the scale, you should notice everything getting smaller!
  • Shanarhea
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more or your body will store fat. Weird as it may be, I lose more weight when I focus on eating more. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack...but NOTHING after 7pm is the key. Using your daily food log helps to keep you thinking about everything you consume.
  • KRob9
    KRob9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you set your caloric intake too low, your body goes into starvation mode and wants to store fat. Try upping your caloric intake, and maybe have smaller meals with snacks in between...but don't change your workout. Also, be sure you're eating the right kinds of foods. Do you have any other activities you do for your cardio or just the eliptical?
  • BeSpontaneous
    Options
    Im new to dieting, so im still learning. but does that mean I should eat 1700 calories/day? and how many should I be burning a day? so you agree those numbers I got from the online equations are good to follow? because if so, im very VERY low on protein, Ive been aiming for 70g a day
  • BeSpontaneous
    Options
    and usually I like outdoors sports, like hiking walking and basketball, stuff like that. But its been so cold out that all I have is my eliptical, and I have no time to hit the gym so its all I have to work with, that and this really old stationary bike that squeeks when i peddle, so I dnt use it too much, plus its really uncomfortable..
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Im new to dieting, so im still learning. but does that mean I should eat 1700 calories/day? and how many should I be burning a day? so you agree those numbers I got from the online equations are good to follow? because if so, im very VERY low on protein, Ive been aiming for 70g a day

You need lots more protein being an active person. The number I gave you is with exercise figured in, so you do not need to eat it back. You should be getting about 100+g per day of protien