How do you like your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like it with whatever fruit I happen to have. Kiwi is great! I also like it with milk, spoonful of butter and some sugar - a lot more calories, but really tasty.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Hey! I want to start eating more oatmeal. I love the quick quaker apple cinnamon, but I want to start making my own oatmeal on the stove with old fashioned or steel cut oats. My question is, how do you like yours? What do you put in it and how do you prepare it!? I'm up for all suggestions! Thanks in advance :) xo

1.5lb mini crockpot, 95g steel cut oats, 13oz water, on high for two hours, makes two servings. I like mine with brown sugar and sometimes nuts.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There's an old Dean Martin song...

"How do you like your eggs in the morning?
    I like mine with a kiss.
    Boiled or fried, I'm satisfied,
    so long as I get my kiss."

Oatmeal sounds like a good egg substitute *nod*

Mirii
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Bump....I usually eat the quaker weight control maple & Brown Sugar and add in 1/3 cup of low sodium low fat cottage cheese for the extra protein with water.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Fine porridge oats sprinkled with cinnamon and and handful of blueberries. Sweetner to taste. Washed down with a drink of whey protein with flaxseed blended into it. Perfect start to the day.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    With a spoon :wink:

Oh come on, I can't be the only one who thought that!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like my oatmeal to be unhealthy :)
    A tablespoon of brown sugar
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Awesome! Oatmeal is the best ever! :)

I like some cinnamon with nut butter (usually peanut or almond) - that's it! I usually have an apple or another type of fruit on the side. Adding blueberries or raspberries is nice too!
  • jewol
    jewol Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like Old Fashioned oats with a 1/2 cup of blueberries and artificial sweetener. Well, "like" is a strong word. I tolerate it ... with the sweetener.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have been known to put all kinds of things in my oatmeal. I eat it daily. Today I put dark cocoa, peanut butter and sugar free carmel syrup and splenda. Other mornings I put fruit in it. Just about any fruit or berries is awesome. Brown sugar, cinnamon are awesome. Oatmeal is such a blank canvas you can do just about anything with it!
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like to add 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin to my oatmeal, along with a little sweetener and cinnamon. Very filling, healthy, and delicious.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i like my oatmeal lumpy....
  • paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    Chopped banana is amazing in oats
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like my oatmeal in.....................COOKIES!!!
    yum yum yum
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do old fashioned oats and then I put frozen blueberries in there (about 1/2 to 1 cup) and put cinnamon and sweetner! I love it! I have it every day! If I don't eat it for breakfast, I eat it for lunch! It's good!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    In my mouth.
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    large flake or steel cut oats, flax, cinnamon, chopped dates, a little water, microwave for 1.5 mins. Tastes like a date square. I eat it at night when I'm craving something sweet.
    if no dates then I add frozen or fresh berries instead.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats, your choice of fruit, and 1 tsp BROWN sugar - super yummy!!
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    I have eaten oats everyday for about a year now. I love old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup to 1 cup. Mix with water up to the top of the oats then microwave for 1-2 minutes. Add organic maple syrup or blue agave sweetner (1 tsp) and cinnamon. I can't get enough! I could eat it several times a day.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I like mine with a dab of honey in it. I ALWAYS make over the stove top (unless I have to eat instant). Sometimes I will put fresh straawberries and blueberries over it. YUM!!! :smile:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna