It was ok to have pizza :)

Options
Last night we had a pizza party for the basketball coaches and I had a salad, 2 pieces of pizza, and 1 cookie. There were all sorts of desserts and sodas but I drank water and only had one cookie. I knew it was coming up so I tried to eat light during the day to fit it into my calorie intake. I ate slow and it was so good. I didn't have a stomach ache like I used to after eating pizza. And best of all, I didn't feel bad about eating it. Today I woke up and went rollerblading and lifted weights. So I just wanted everyone to know that you don't have to deprive yourself. It's been a long time since I've had pizza so I decided that 2 pieces wouldn't kill me. Enjoy yourself and your food. Just don't go overboard :tongue:

:heart: Kels

Replies

• Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Last night we had a pizza party for the basketball coaches and I had a salad, 2 pieces of pizza, and 1 cookie. There were all sorts of desserts and sodas but I drank water and only had one cookie. I knew it was coming up so I tried to eat light during the day to fit it into my calorie intake. I ate slow and it was so good. I didn't have a stomach ache like I used to after eating pizza. And best of all, I didn't feel bad about eating it. Today I woke up and went rollerblading and lifted weights. So I just wanted everyone to know that you don't have to deprive yourself. It's been a long time since I've had pizza so I decided that 2 pieces wouldn't kill me. Enjoy yourself and your food. Just don't go overboard :tongue:

• deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Pizza makes me happy!:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

mmm pizza = good stuff. I would say that you did everything perfectly my dear! Nice work, and you had fun without guilt too! Sweet!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I try to plan the day in the morning and input all my calories for the day ahead of time. If I see I could be over, I will deduct items or change quantites to get me in a good place.

I love pizza too and couldn't live without it. My favorite is Home Run Inn (Chicago). Their pizza is far less greasy and the crust it to die for.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Today is my cheat day and I am having pizza at my nieces birthday party!

So is appx 745 calories accurate for 3 slices of cheese pizza?
  • anaxgorous
    anaxgorous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For those in the Northeast the average slice of NY style pizza comes in at apx. 500 calories and about 15 - 20 grams of fat (and potentially much more). Please keep this in mind if this is the style of pizza that you consume.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9E05EFD9153BF937A2575AC0A962958260
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I felt the same today with the hot wings my boss bought. I only took 3 wings, which is the serving size and it killed the craving. that's all i needed. i feel awesome!