How do you like your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    Steel cut oats, 1/2 cup pure pumpkin, tsp pumpkin pie spice, walnuts, sweetened with a little honey or maple syrup. Almost better than pumpkin pie! :happy:

that sounds AMAZING!! i love anything pumpkin and i happen to love oatmeal too ;) perfection!
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Quick oats, with water and a little Skim milk, In the Microwave. But add LSA mix into it and Melt a Banana in. top With a little Splenda and a splash more of milk.
  • danrhodes
    danrhodes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love porridge oats and have them every morning, sometimes I even have them at night to top up on calories so as you can imagine I go through a few boxes a month! I like the scotts porridge oats that are thick rolled and aren't too broken up like quaker oats.

I like to have them pretty plain, just a dash of milk and into the microwave.No sugar, sometimes a spoon full of honey. I do however on occasions like to throw in some dried fruit. fresh raspberries or blackberries.

And as a few people have also said it normally goes along side a Matrix Nutrition (low calorie) protein shake, breakfast is the most important meal of the day for me as I rarely have time to sit and get a proper dinner break during work hours, so I need to be able to last out the morning and normally well into dinner sometimes if need be, without feeling hungry, which can tend to move your towards unhealthy snacking and as I work in schools the options available to do so are many and frequent! But I have resisted well lately so rather proud!

D
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I prefer it plain, but granola is always the best for me!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    "How do you like your oatmeal?"

In cookies.

^ THIS!!
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Just like I like my women: sweet, hot and topped with strawberries.

Oh my...! Now that sounds delicious, lol.

I like to experiment with my oatmeal but I love it with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon, bananas, apples or all types of berries. You can mix some nut butters in there ( like peanut or almond butter). Add raisins or dried cranberries, or even sliced almonds or walnuts, whatever you like.
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How funny is that,,,:D
  • maximus9898
    Options
    orgainc oatmeal with just water.
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    oh, I like it!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Just like I like my women: sweet, hot and topped with strawberries.

Funny...I was gonna say "just like I like my women...easy, lumpy, and on the table..."
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I boil one cup steel cut oats in 4 cups of oatmeal for 25 minutes on low heat uncovered. Let them cool and put in container in fridge. That way I can simply microwave in the morning. I love them so much they taste like a dessert to me. I sometimes have them as a snack in small portions.

I like mine plain. I have been eating this for breakfast for months and still not tired of them.
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm the old fashioned rolled oats and water! 1/2 cup of rolled oats and 1 cup of water. I make it on the stove (I never use a microwave)

Sometimes I add some sultanas, nuts and seeds to jazz it up a bit :P
  • linguist98
    Options
    i cant believe its not butter spray, splenda, and cinnamon...make it thick and get busy... ilike it simple...
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sweetened with stevia, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp peanut butter.
    If I'm hungry at night, or feel like snacking on sweets, this is my go-to craving stopper.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, 1/2 cup pure pumpkin, tsp pumpkin pie spice, walnuts, sweetened with a little honey or maple syrup. Almost better than pumpkin pie! :happy:
    wow... that sounds delicious! I;m gonna try it tomorrow!
  • momma2lucasnbella
    Options
    wow lots of yummy ideas to try! i made pina colada oatmeal this morn. quaker instant original made with 2% milk, 1tbs brown sugar, 1tbs sweetened coconut, 1/4 container of dole pineapple tidbits (the little plastic snack pack) best i figured up calories it was just over 200 and filling and a good treat for my sweet tooth!
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Here is a site that an MFP friend suggested. Oatmeal is a blank canvas... be an oat artist!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/oatmeal-recipes/
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Peanut butter and a cut up banana! It's like a PB and 'nanner sandwich, and it's YUM!

This^ or I put a 1/4 cup of quick whole wheat oats and 1 instant berries and cream packet... and if I feel for more, I add a banana. Oh and I microwave it with 1 C of skim milk
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I used to LOVE putting flavored creamer in my oatmeal--just a tablespoon or so, a bit of milk, a dash of cinnamon, AMAZING.

But we all know the fat and sugar content in creamer isn't the healthiest, lol...
    I want to try it with peanut butter and a bit of my chocolate-pb protein powder. And add some banana slices! :)
  • smilewithkatherine
    smilewithkatherine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oatmeal quick oats
    2/3 cup water
    3 oz banana (broken into chunks)
    1 tablespoons of skippy natural peanut butter

Place oatmeal quick oats and water in a small microwaveable bowl and cook until done. My microwave takes 1.5 minutes. Remove bowl and set aside.

Place banana in another small microwaveable bowl and place in cook 40 seconds. Remove bowl and using a fork mash up the banana.

Add the mashed up banana to the cooked oatmeal and stir in.

Finally add in peanut butter and stir it up.

* Please note the peanut butter is optional. I just like it in there because it's a good source of protein and healthy fats.