30 Day Shred

Options
Hey Everyone,

First time posting a message/topic on the message board but I wanted some feedbacks. I've looked into the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michael's for a few days now. Bought it and started day 1 lastnight. Is anyone else doing this '30 day Shred'? I wanted updates on your results and how everything is going. Let me know :) Much appreciated!

Replies

• doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is a group called "30 Day Shred Motivation/Support" and lots of other information on here about the 30 DS you just need to search for it!

I just finished day 2 level 3 myself and have lost a total of 10.25 inches! It's hard, but SO worth it!
  • kellysmarks
    Options
    I actually just did the 30 day shred. I did 5 out of 7 days a week, since my job (i'm a cook) is pretty active and I figured I burned a lot of calories there. I don't think I lost any weight but I definitely felt more toned and less tired after doing cardio. I stopped half way through week 3... I don't really know why. Just started lifting at the gym again instead. I do think I will start it again though because it gave me lots of energy and I loved how good of a work out you got in 20-25 minutes.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the forums! I am starting the shred tonight!!!! A lot of my friends on here have had amazing results and I thought I'd give it a go... feel free to add me and we can keep in touch with our progress! :)
  • opajee
    opajee Posts: 69
    Options
    Today is day 3 and already I'm seeing my endurance pick up. :)
  • cschaeffer28
    Options
    I am on day 6 of the first circuit. I decided to try it because so many people have done it and posted in the threads their success with the program. One thing I have noticed is that several people results show in their measurements and pictures after the program, but not on the scale. So I am trying to avoid the scale because I haven't lost any weight but I do feel my clothes fitting looser. I am also doing an extra 30-60 mins a day of cardio on top of her workout. It's quite a hard workout. But I noticed by the 4th day that I was able to complete everything and it not be such a struggle. Where as in the first couple of days I felt like I was dying at the end. Stick with it. It's only 25 mins for 30 days of your life. And it could end up with awesome results well worth it. That's what I keep telling myself. Good luck!
    P.S. I read through the threads a lot, but this is my first time posting too.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i did my 10 days of level 1(which i loved and saw results of 3lb loss and inches) and then moved onto level 2...absolutely hated it ! i have gone back to level 1 and am upping the size of my hand weights, i dont know if i will try level 2 again or do anthor whole round of 1 then skip to 3. i do like it tho and its playing a part in my weight loss. i am also doing running on the treadmill along with the shred.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Just finished it. I've done a couple of rounds of it and it is one of my favorites.
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    hey shredders!

there's a group on here for people doing 30 day shred throughout march - and hopefully beyond! lol. loads of people on there with daily check -ins and motivation posts etc.

i highly recommend it. link is below (hope i posted it correctly)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3617-shredding-through-the-month-of-march
  • pebbles0927
    pebbles0927 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just staring and I am on day 2. Very sore, but I'm hoping that will diminish with time!
  • dmmclean
    dmmclean Posts: 34
    Options
    I finished day 8 of Level 1 today and Im feeling really good. Send a friend request if you want :) Good luck shredding!
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i have a question im on day 7 level 1 of the 30 day shred and i started @ 196lbs and now it says 200lbs is it all muslce or what im worried and i would like to know what it is about did i gain weight or is it muslce gain ? pls i need help thanks but i love the workout its has me on one i just want to know what is it?
  • doubletnurse
    doubletnurse Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I know I have read on here that when starting weight lifting your muscles can retain water, so you actually gain some weight. I hope that helps! Don't get discouraged though as I have only lost 1 pound but have lost a total of 10.25 inches and am only on day 2 level 3! It does work, so go for it!

One suggestion that I have is to only measure yourself while you do this program, if you can. I was unable to do that, and it got me discouraged, but the measurements helped re-energize me.
  • ninerschick
    ninerschick Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    thanks doubletnurse that does help a lot i did measure myself but thing is i dont know if im doing that right but im not letting it imma oush myself to get to that goal thanks again