Help with supplements?

Options
I am feeling run down and tired alot of the time. Is there a supplement I can get that will help give me more energy?

Im thinking a lack of vitimins.... any thoughts? Thanks.

Replies

• runnerwithin
    Options
    it could be vitamin D, especially this time of year. I would try to add a multivitamin to your day and see if that helps
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to the dr and had any blood work done? No one should just be randomly suggesting supplements to you w/o knowing your medical history.

I worked with a Nurse Practitioner who did salvia hormone testing so that I could balance those, and I follow to plan of Dr. Wilson, his book is called the Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, both really helped me lose weight.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Have you gone to the dr and had any blood work done? No one should just be randomly suggesting supplements to you w/o knowing your medical history.

I worked with a Nurse Practitioner who did salvia hormone testing so that I could balance those, and I follow to plan of Dr. Wilson, his book is called the Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome, both really helped me lose weight.

Completely agreed. It's important to know what your body needs prior to trying any new supplements. A multivitamin may be beneficial (and most can take it without any issues). If you're needing something specific, though, it's best to discuss with your doctor.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I would look at your sleep, diet and exercise before going to a pill. If those are all good then I would worry about what else you are lacking.
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

^ This. Could be amenia, could be simply lack of food. Get checked out properly.
  • hollyrenee1990
    hollyrenee1990 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks guys!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough calories? Fresh fruits and veggies? Protein?
    Try looking at your macronutrients to see if you are consistently deficient in anything and go from there.
  • dawnkykong
    dawnkykong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I sometimes drink a 'pre workout' drink.. I personally like 'jacked 3d' the best...I've tried NoExplode and that one is good too. Look into those! They give you a ton of energy.:)