Hi, I'm new too.

Options
Hello, I joined this afternoon and this is the first opportunity I have had to have a look around. I start in earnest tomorrow morning and will start the new day with breakfast, which I don't normally eat, but which I know I should eat.

What sort of breakfast is the best for me? I thought maybe 2 eggs and a slice of toast? I will not be able to eat that every morning though - it's too much for me. Is cereal OK, and if so - which ones are best?

Thanks

Nannyjay

Replies

• LovelyDayDay
    LovelyDayDay Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hellooooo there. im not a breakfast person either but i am now. i have steel cut oats with almond milk ( because i dont like cow milk) lol or a protein shake from herbalife, if i have eggs its egg whites with mexican squash or spinach and mushrooms. cereal i like special k or a honey wheat one from trader joes. switch it up a bit cause you'll get bored of it=)
  • Nannyjay
    Nannyjay Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you, and hello. Have added you as a friend.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)
    I LOVE breakfast, I can't not eat breakfast......it's my favorite meal of the day! Plus its good to eat breakfast, it get's you going for the day! For breakfast I have been having a banana and a protein shake. The protein shake will make you feel full til about lunch time. I used to eat a granola bar and a banana, but then my stomach would be rumbling two hours later and ever since I started drinking the protein shake, I don't get hungry until lunch time which is great because then I am not snacking! Silk milk I have heard is good for you, but I go with regular milk, I'm not the biggest fan of milk but I'm trying to make myself like it so I have strong bones :) I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! :)
    -Colie
  • Loisellentimms
    Options
    Hi--
    I like Special K vanilla and I use Silk--I could eat that everyday! But i do mix it up with oatmeal and occasionally egg beaters or real eggs. My daughter loves veggies so we've tried toast with a slice of cheese and lettuce & tomato. You'd be surprised how yummy it can be in the morning. Finally, yogurt! We get fat free vanilla and put a couple of heaping spoonfuls on a plate and pour Rice Krrispies around it and dip a teaspoon of yogurt into the rice krispies, and it's great. Welcome. I'm not real new, but new to socializing. Good to "meet" you.
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake.. or special k with berries and skim milk my favorite. also if you have eggs try poached i have 2 with whole grain bread good luck feel free to friend me if you like

welcome
    Teresa
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome to the site!

I usually have cereal...lately I have been eating the Cinnamon Chex cereal with skim milk in the morning. Those Fiber One cereals are not too bad as well.

But the most important thing is that you have to eat breakfast....everyday.

Good luck with your goals. Feel free to friend me if you would like! :smile:
  • svrichard
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also. Joined yesterday by downloading the IPhone app. Was looking for an easier way to log my foods. Need to lose weight and watch my carbs re: blood sugar levels. I'm not big on cereal for breakfast; but I do like to have something hot and crunchy, like toast, bagels, english muffins. Thus the carb problem. : ) I've resorted to a small mini-bagel (100 calories) with FF cream cheese. I have put a little cereal in Greek yogurt, sometimes with some berries too. I would also appreciate any creative breakfast ideas.