a wee intro

Options
Many say I have nothing to worry about, and I can understand why they say that. I'm not anorexic, bulemic, or overly obsessed with weight (hope I spelled the disorders correctly). Anyway, I weigh 136 and 5'4". According to the BMI calulator, I'm within a healthy range. A lot of it is muscle, particularly in my legs from the trail riding and martial arts, but my midsection is not quite as toned as I would like it to be. I'm not one of those "skinny" girls complaining to get a compliment. I know I have less to go than most, but I've put on some weight since I quit smoking 6 months. When I saw a picture of myself for this volunteer group I'm working for, I freake out. I looked horrible. Was it the way I was standing? The angle? My clothes? Perhaps it's just me needing to improve my eating habits and lifestyle in general, because despite what everyone else says, it comes down to how I feel about myself and, although encouragement helps, it's down to me.

Anyway... perhaps that was too long, but I'm hoping to find someone in the same boat as myself so I really don't come across as that skinny girl fishing for a compliment. I'm probably as insecure as most others, so please be kind, if anyone responds.

Replies

• coolauntiekelly
    Options
    People tell me that I really don't need to lose weight, either. But, they're not the ones looking in my mirror. I may not need to lose a lot of weight, but I would like to improve upon what I have. I get it.
  • Therealtko
    Options
    thanks. i'm glad someone understands.
  • Kimik0123
    Kimik0123 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7 and 150lbs, according to my BMI I'm also 'Ideal' but it's always up to you to find your happy weight. No matter what other people believe!