sugar vs splenda

Options
alexa137
alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
why cant splenda or domino light taste like sugar? i still cant get over the taste its so yucky!
and has anyone used the domino light yet? it seems a little better than splenda! but still has that after taste! i have cut back on my iced tea and mostly drink water 90% of the time, but when i have coffee or iced tea i have to have some kind of sugar

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    try a vanilla protein shake in black coffee - same cals as with sugar but healthier and tastes much nicer than sweetner.
  • runfrommygenes
    Options
    I personally like TRUVIA...
  • asnell79
    asnell79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Splenda is bad bad bad for you! 1 packet of sugar is only 1 tsp. or 15 calories - and much more natural and healthy than the majority of substitutes (and why I think they taste "wrong"). If you need a no calorie sweetener, try agave nectar. It's all natural and much better for you than any commercially produced sugar substitute.
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Truvia/Stevia or Agave are the way to go.
  • alexa137
    Options
    well to be honest at $4.99 A BOX OF tRUVIA, i cant afford it! the only way i got the splenda was b/c i had coupons! i had to get the packets also! open each one to put in my sugar container! i think i would actually rather have no sugar than to have the after taste that splenda has yuck!
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Splenda is bad bad bad for you! 1 packet of sugar is only 1 tsp. or 15 calories - and much more natural and healthy than the majority of substitutes (and why I think they taste "wrong"). If you need a no calorie sweetener, try agave nectar. It's all natural and much better for you than any commercially produced sugar substitute.
    Agave is not calorie free, has about 20 calories per teaspoon. But it does taste great! Love it in plain yogurt
  • alexa137
    Options
    ok went to walmart today to chekc out the agave-comes to i cant afford it! big bottle is like $6 and the small bottle is $3.50, and whats the difference in the two flavors? light and something else i cant remember, b/c the darker one(cant remember name) was the $3.50 bottle but i think i would prefer the light