Juicing....

Options
My friend just recently started juicing and thats all hes eating/drinking for like 45days....

He said since he started juicing it seems like hes more tired then usual.

Is that common??

Any advice I can give him?

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Of course he's tired...he's malnourished! :noway:

ONLY juices for 45 DAYS?

Best advice would be "Stop it and eat some real food!"
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Um, duh. Maybe he should eat some food.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Hes juicing.

Fruits and veggies.

Basically veganish. Lol.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Exactly...so his entire intake is sugar and carbs from fruits and veggies....healthy fats are necessary, where are those?. And he is only getting a TINY fraction of the protein he needs....
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I look at juicing the same way I look at supplements. They shouldn't be the foundation for meeting daily nutritional values. Vegans can still eat solid food.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Idk.

Ive researched the juicing diet and ill give him advice from there.

Thank you for the responses.
  • kantone999
    kantone999 Posts: 174
    Options
    Juicing removes all the fiber from food so if he's not adding the pulp back in he's wreaking havoc with his blood sugar which is probably part of why he's tired. He'd be much better off eating the whole ingredients raw if he's determined to "eat" like this. He needs to practice food combining to get complete proteins and all the amino acids which it doesn't sound as if he's doing.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Juicing removes all the fiber from food so if he's not adding the pulp back in he's wreaking havoc with his blood sugar which is probably part of why he's tired. He'd be much better off eating the whole ingredients raw if he's determined to "eat" like this. He needs to practice food combining to get complete proteins and all the amino acids which it doesn't sound as if he's doing.

You're right whole foods being better than juices, but it's not necessary to combine foods. The body breaks down proteins into amino acids during digestion anyway so there's no need to create "complete proteins" in each meal. As long as a person is getting all the necessary amino acids throughout an entire day they will be fine.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Hes juicing.

Fruits and veggies.

Basically veganish. Lol.

Just to clarify, this is not a typical "vegan" diet. I'd feel tired too if I got basically no protein for a month and a half.

Your friend is essentially fruitarian.
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Juicing title threw me off....different kind of juicing, especially on a fitness page. lol