I cannot stop eating!!

Options
Ok, so I know I CAN physically stop eating.. but gosh darn its so hard!!! I just keep shoving food in my mouth. Most of it is relatively good for me. Fruits, vegetables, yogurt, then I have one dark chocolate peanut butter cup.. then suddenly I've had ten.. I've had 5 little yogurts today.. What is wrong with me?! I'm not hungry, why do I keep eating? Argh! I know its mind over matter, but I just cant stop!!! Plus its the week before TOM so, I'm doomed!

Replies

• meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I had one of those days today! It was rough. I'll be glad when it's tomorrow! LOL!
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The week before TOM is my worst. I eat everything not nailed down. Only advice is to step away slowly! I also make sure I work out extra hard during that week!!!
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    It will be okay. Wake up in the morning and start over. Count today as a spike day. :smile:
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had the same day today..I couldnt get enough I just wasnt happy with all the food I already ate..just wake up and start fresh in the morning..dont beat yourself up over it..there will be days that will be harder then others.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    until you get it under control dont keep junk in your house like peanut butter cups.
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I get like this sometimes. I find what helps best is to just keep myself busy, especially if its something that keeps my hands busy. Play a video game, read a book, a board game, knit something, play an instrument, get fixing or cleaning something in the house you've been putting off fixing or cleaning.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am totally the same way. It's a week before mine too, and let me tell you, my hormones have been in control of my diet, not me. It's terrible.
  • 50lbsgone
    50lbsgone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i have a lot of those nights. i am totally aware as i do it but STILL wont stop. keep trying. that is what i am doing.
  • onlyonevelvet
    Options
    I was beginning to think that I was the only one that had that issue one week before that TOM. I know that one thing that tends to help me is eating 2 hard boil Eggland Best eggs during the day. I hope that you are able to do better tomorrow.
  • gettingready12
    Options
    I get like this sometimes. I find what helps best is to just keep myself busy, especially if its something that keeps my hands busy. Play a video game, read a book, a board game, knit something, play an instrument, get fixing or cleaning something in the house you've been putting off fixing or cleaning.

YES to keeping busy! I'm the exact same way, I just keep eating and eating even when I'm about to explode. But I find that when I'm really busy, I don't want to do that. And exercising helps too, because I feel good about myself and am hesitant to ruin that feeling.
  • kandire
    kandire Posts: 87
    Options
    I've been having this problem several days for the past two weeks! Pretty much just move on from today and try to do better tomorrow. It sucks though when you know you don't need to eat something, and you're not hungry, but you do it anyway!
  • Everyone on this site probably has had one of those days. I have those WEEKS. It's terrible. Don't be too hard on yourself.
    I say we search the web for some answers about the inevitable appetite attack...
  • nisemac
    nisemac Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do you have something else to do do occupy your time? Find something you enjoy, that requires focus.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    thanks everyone!!! really appreciate it, and (selfishly) love that i am not alone. but today, and from now on, will be different. I am in control of what I eat, simple as that. Just need to keep telling myself that!! peanut butter cups and skittles have been thrown out!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Don't have the peanut butter cups in your house!! Toss them out so then you'll just snack on healthy stuff!!

Edit: Oops, and the post above says you did. Good job!
  • jimmiejet1
    Options
    It is hard sometimes , as the saying goes I am on a see food diet , I see food I eat it , Are you drinking water? It also helps to drink warm water sometimes to make you feel fuller. Also just don't keep things in your house it is harder when other people are there that are not trying to loose weight , but they have to understand and keep the snacks to a minimum around the house. I hope I helped.