lack of energy

Options
Just had one of my worst performances in p90x2. Did a morning workout which for me is at 3:00pm because Im currently working graveyard shift. I also burnt a lot of calories playing hky last night, not sure if I replenised the body enough. I did add 200 more calories than usual yesterday. Was totally bonking today! At least I finished it. Kinda of confused about this lack of energy as I have experience it before. Currently on fat shredder at about 10 Percent bodyfat. Any suggestions anybody?

Replies

• jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    sounds like your body needs fuel... perhaps a protein shake- handful of nuts... if you are doing P90x and played last night you used up alot of your calories and your body is suffering to keep the vital organs running properly. do you know what your RMR is? the base line for you not go to go below. if you are doing P90X regularly I would put yourself at Very active and see what you come back with.
  • kaylvan
    kaylvan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you always work out at the same time? I find it very difficult to exercise in the morning and I do best in the afternoon when I get home from work. Are you sleeping enough, and are you sleeping well? Experimenting with your sleeping schedule and workout schedule may make some changes in your energy levels. Also, I agree with jennkess about maybe needing more fuel. Good luck!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's not what you want to hear, but your graveyard shift might be the energy drain.

I used to work retail hours, and after awhile my irregular sleep schedule gave me chronic migraines and hallucinations. It was not cool. I got on some preventative meds, and eventually got a new job. Now that I'm working a regular M-F work week and regular shifts, I sleep more efficiently and I no longer have migraines or need the meds. I might get a headache once a year now, whereas before it was almost every day with nausea, dizziness, etc.

At a minimum, I recommend that you go to bed at the same time everyday, and wake up at the same time everyday. Get your 8 consecutive hours, and make sure they are the same hours, even if you have the day off from work.

If that doesn't fix it, take a vacation.
  • 6packquest
    Options
    thanks I think you are right and I think my shift might be changing pretty in about a month. hopefully for the rest of the year!

Graveyard shift can't be very good for you.
  • 6packquest
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I am definitley going to be making changes and monitoring my BF% and see where it is trending. If it stays the same or continues to go down slowly while I gain more energy through the day and workout I will be one happy dude. It doesn't make sense to workout and reduce calories to a point where you feel weak and low energy!