Protien

Options
How can I add more protein to my diet...I don't eat meat (turkey and chicken on occasion)???

Replies

• Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    absolutely.

The MFP breakdown for carbs, fat, and protein is much leaner on protein that many diets.

You can even change your settings to change the ratios
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    sugar free YOGURT....amazing for protein, LOW cals. same with some cheese, milk products, beans.

Cindy
  • nikkijo
    nikkijo Posts: 2
    Options
    Sorry...I mean I am not eating enough protein...I get about half of what it suggests I should have in a day.
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Beans. Greek Yogurt. Those are my two favorite non-meat protiens. Oh and eggs. Do you eat eggs?
  • ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beans, Beans Good for your heart... The more you eat the more you'll --- have protein! Beans are high in protein, especially Chick Peas(Garbanzo Beans). Try adding some in a salad and you'll be amazed!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Nuts or nut butters
    Beans
    Cheese
    Yogurt - full fat, organic has the most protein or Fage (strained greek yogurt)
  • l0ttie
    l0ttie Posts: 18
    Options
    Eggs and cheese are good source of protein, Low Carb Slim Fast shake has 20 grams of protein, cup of milk has 8 grams of protein, Peaunt Butter (2 TBS) 7 grams of protein. Yoplait Light Yogurt 5 grams of protein. Pure Protein Chewy Chocolate Chip Bars 20 grams of protein.
  • l0ttie
    l0ttie Posts: 18
    Options
    Tuna has protein.
  • liannegriffin
    Options
    You may also want to try the EAS Carb Control Shakes or Muscle Milk (sold in the grocery store with the Slim Fast, etc.). The EAS shakes have 17g of protein and just 110 calories. The dark chocolate and french vanilla are my favories. Muscle Milk is good too (vanilla, chocolate, or banana) with 20-24g protein but has a bit more calories (~170 I think).

Fish is very high in protein - you can get salmon and tuna in little foil pouches that are very quick/easy (just don't add lots of mayo to it!)

Soy products and tofu are high in protein.

Kroger (grocery store in the south) has a Carbmaster yogurt with 12g protein, 80 calories, and 4 carbs - yay! All the flavors are good. (If you get yogurt, try to find one with low carbs).