In your Food Dairy, which Nutrients do U track&WHY?

I posted this in general weight loss section and then thought about this board, and think this question may be better suited here;

I always tracked:
Protein
Carbs
Fats
Fiber
Sodium

I've been pretty pleased with the results of all of these area since i've been here. The exception seems to be that I'm always going over on fiber--but I didn't really mind that--because the other areas are usually down or right on target (except for protein which sometimes go over too). I did my potassium and found it low as well.

Well, I just decided to track some other things and find that I'm WAYYYY over most days of Iron, Vitamin C, and sugar (because I eat a LOT of raw fruits/not sugars from junk nor processed foods. Anyway, that is kinda interesting and I'm wondering which nutrients you track -- which ones are most important to you and why?

Lastly, is there anyway to track all of these nutrients? That would be great.

Replies

• harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    I track Protein, carbs, and fats of course but I also track sodium due to having been hypertensive in the past, and sugar owing to NIDDM. I don't worry about sat fats and fiber. I know with my food choices that I'm getting adequate fiber and low sat fats and I don't worry about dietary fiber negating carbs. I'm more interested in whether or not I'm hitting my macros and calories.

As far as vitamins... I eat 7 cups of oatmeal a week, 4-5 sweet potatoes, 16 cups of raw spinach and so on and so forth. I do take a sports multi on top of that but truth be known, I'm pretty sure I don't need it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Food Dairy...DUH!!!! I meant Food Diary--:blushing: oopsy!
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    carbs, fat, protein, calcium, and iron. I am making sure I have enough calcium for myself and my breastfeeding son. I track iron because if I end up with too much I have problems.
  • alondrafd
    alondrafd Posts: 18
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Sodium
    Sugars

i'm kinda gonna start following the IIFYM diet but before I never pay attention to it untill now, its my first week so we'll see how it turns out, Sodium i've been watching for a while I do consume a lot and I just make sure I drink enough water. sugars just because but sometime i do go over. I have never go curious to track fiber or anything else, i will later on just to see how i do lol
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Thanks for posting this, I didn't know I could change what I track. I just found out I'm really low on iron.