discouraged

Options
So i started this about a week ago. I have lost one pound. I have been relatively thin my whole life, i am only 5'3 and after having my daughter at twenty years old, I am stuck at 144lbs. Before having her, i was between 134-138. I have been trying on and off for almost two years to drop these last ten pounds. I can fit in my prebaby clothes, I just have this stubborn weight that wont come off. Any encouragement?

Replies

• Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is a picture of what one lb of fat actually looks like, floating around on this web site. Don't be concerned after a 1 week. Just keep your numbers in the green and stick too it! It will work. I have been at this since Dec 5 last year. I have lost 17 lbs, give or take a half. ( I need to change my picture). My blood pressure went down 8 points and i went down a size in pants.

Congrats on the 1 lb loss! Now work on the next one and keep doing that!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    giving up after a week ? if your expecting an instant overnight weight loss then you are going to be dissapointed, your body is going to take time to adjust to your new eating and excercise...at 144lb you arent needing to lose a huge amount and the less you have to lose the slower it comes off....just a fact.
    it took me a few weeks before i saw any loss but knowing i want to lose weight made it not an option to give up. i am wanting to go from 157 to 140 at 5ft 4in....being close to 44 i have to work a bit harder since my metabolism isnt what it was when i was 24, right now i am at my heaviest ever.....when i was pg with babies #1 and #2 in my twenties i wasnt over 130lb at 8 mths pg...so for me being 157 was hard, but there are ppl on here who have lost hundreds of lbs....they didnt give up then kept at it until they saw results.
    give yourself some time and dont be so hard on yourself about where you are at right now. good luck.
  • NotParis
    NotParis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What did you set your weekly loss to? You really shouldn't lose more than 1-2 pounds a week to be able to keep it off. What kind of exercise do you do? How long? How many days a week? Really if you just started you need to give yourself some more time to see results, especially since you only have 10 pounds to lose.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Be ENcouraged! You have started, and you just have to stick with it for a bit! Keep right under your calorie goal and get some exercise. You can do it!!
  • johncaraher
    johncaraher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My goodness, one pound in one week is just great! At this rate how long would it take to lose the 10 pounds? Far less than it took to gain it, right? You should be encouraged, not discouraged!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh and also...drink your water! It really does make a difference. Somehow it's like your body is able to flush the extra fat away or something. I plateaued for almost three weeks and I think what kick-started me again this week was really focusing on water intake, which I'd slacked off on recently.