What are teams???

Options
I am so in need of support! I maintained this week, when I feel like I should have lost. I actually was bitter at my friends and relatives who did well! Not good and so not like me. :sad: So, my hubby and I analized my diary. It seems that even though I am within my calories...perhaps I am eating too many of the 100 calorie snack packs...maybe?? I usually have 1 or 2 a day. So frustrating. I had a baby 6 months ago and I know the clock is ticking. I don't want to be the mom that has to sit on the bench at the park because I have no energy. I am having such a hard time. Could really use support...any teams in need of a new member? I don't know exactly how that works. Thanks for letting me vent.
Kathy

Replies

• metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    I'm not really sure if my fitness pal has a teams section or something like that so I'm not sure what you mean.

Hey, lets start a new team and accept applications from anyone looking for a new support group of peers :smile: We will all be teachers and students.
  • iheartlife
    Options
    If you're looking for a team I'm in. I promise not to bite.:flowerforyou:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    There's a bunch of teams on here too many to name but I joined the Red team a few weeks ago and I like it, it's a lot of support and motivation if you're having a bad day you post on that weeks thread and vent, etc I'm sure new members are welcome anytime. Basically you log your weight on Mondays when the Red team weigh in thread is posted. The link for this week is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59920-red-team-week-11 check it out and get a general feel for if it's what you have in mind...don't let week 11 deter you bc you can jump in any week and start!

Metalpalace has a good idea too...new groups are often forming on here.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    If you like to ride a bike, whether it's on the road, a trail, or stationary, there's a cycling club where we pledge a weekly mileage goal. All riding levels are welcome. Check this thread if you're interested and feel free to ask any questions you might have....:happy: :drinker: :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59202-mfp-spitfires-cycling-club-week-2

exercise.png
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    I like being part of multiple teams you dont even have to confine yourself to just one team. I have many interests so more than one team works for me :) I don't know if you find my team passion team to be relevant, it's a "spin off" from team beachbody of which I am also part of. But here is a website I made for my team passion team http://passionforfitness.info/teampassion

I should look into the teams on this thing. I appreciate the info shared in this thread! I was not even aware those teams existed. :smile:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Heck, there is always room for the "No-team Team" !!!

Although I"belong to" a team, I still read and post to teams... there it no official rules to the tema, they just form as a group pf people work towards a common goal or have similar obsicles to overcome.

More than once, I have tried to find people on mfp who were in my city, and who might want to get together 1-2 times per month to do something active (I cycle, walk, hike, swim), non-competative and a bit social. But never had any leads.

I think its funny, because there are active groups in town that are all about exercise, but of the meet and greets that i went to, I noticed 1 thing..... members were all fit. So the group wasn't about improvement ans support so much as a place to compete. Not that it isn't ok, I am just looking for a group that I can contribute to as much as be educated by.

Good luck to all of you!!!

ileana