Kettlebells

Options
Can anyone tell me what category of exercise this falls into? I have a series of dvds that vary from cardio to strength training. You are using the bells the whole time. I just don't know how to figure the calorie content? I have been told they burn approx. 1,000 calories an hour. I don't always work out for an hour so I just do the math and am guessing. I am only using between a 4 and 8 lb kbell depending on the day. I may move up eventually to doing a 15 but, I am sure this would be more strength training. It would help to know, though... :huh:

Replies

• OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    I WOULD PUT IT UNDER CIRCUIT TRAINING OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES SINCE ITS A MIX OF EVERYTHING
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it could be considered that. Sounds about right. I have to vary up my routine anyways. It's been well over 8 weeks and I need to do something else. I have billions of different workout options so, it's time. Thanks!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You can also add your own workout the same way you add a food item not in the database. When you search for the exercise, click "enter exercise not listed" and go from there. You can title it whatever you want. :smile: Or just under circuit training works too!! I love kettlebells, have fun with them!!!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I did add it and just figured it at 1,000 cals an hour. I do look forward to them but, sometimes, they give me a pain in the neck. I must be moving wrong or something or doing things to quickly. I am very much used to the moves... it could be the fact that I am looking up at my t.v. screen when I do these workouts... it doesn't happen all the time so, not sure..