Body for life

Options
I just became aware of this and would love to know more I'm too late to get in this round but I can in April 9 th but I would like to know what kind of eating and exercises it is

Replies

• binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You eat 6 times a day, a carb and a protein. Then you only exercise 4 hours or so a week. I just started to do it again. If you want to feel free to add me, I just got back into it 2 days ago.
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did BFL in Jan of 2006. I lost 25 lbs. of fat, gained 4 lbs of muscle and went from a size 14 to a size 4. I gained endurance and strength, but most of all a way of life. I learned to eat properly and maintain a healthy lifestyle. I never submitted my stats for the contest, something I regret.

I really recommend getting the books both the Body for Life and the Eating for Life or at least become familiar with the website. The exercise portion is what was great! You can do it at home, but I had better luck with better equipment availability at the gym. You will alternate upper body and lower body and cardio. The website is very useful on this.

Eating is easy, sort of, You eat a protein and complex carb (whole grain, and or veggie) 5-6 times a day. They recommend every 2-3 hours. What was awesome was you got 1 free day every week to eat whatever you wanted! I usually ate about 7000 calories and had a nasty food hangover the next day. You only do that a couple of times before you realize you can't do that every week!

Here is a link to the BFL website with all the info. It really is a great program to get you started.

http://bodyforlife.com/

Good Luck!
  • B_Steppuhn
    B_Steppuhn Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Does it cost money
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I did it back in 2002 and I absolutely LOVED it. I loved the simplicity. I bought the book and it showed you how to do each exercise correctly, and had a ton of information. I did take before and after pics, but never sent them in! I really regret that because I changed so much. I went from a size 10 to about a 4-6. Good luck if you decide to do it!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Well, the book does if you buy it. I got it from the library first and decided I was interested enough to buy it, so I did. I've never completed the program, but I plan on restarting it on the 17th.
  • fitrene
    Options
    Does it cost money

No and you don't have to "enter" the challenge. I just challenged myself and I was on another fitness forum at the time and my success was so good, they encouraged me to enter my STATS, but I was too chicken. I had people telling me I would definitely be a chosen one and that scared me, but it was good motivation. It's such a good way to learn to eat properly and exercise. I loved the workouts. I never missed one!

I do remember when looking at the entry forms that they asked if you used any EAS products during the challenge which I had not. I think that was a big deal, but I don't like EAS products and they are expensive, so in a way, it can cost you money if you are very serious about officially entering the challenge.

I did get bored with the program after doing it for almost a year. I do plan on going back to the workouts after I complete this round of workouts from my trainer.

Feel free to friend me and send me any questions you have. I completed 3-12 week challenges. My first was my most successful, but the others were more for maintenance than weight loss.
  • fitrene
    Options
    I wish I had kept my before and after pictures. I got sick and gained all + more weight back and was so discouraged that I deleted all of them. I was able to drop my BF% down to 19%, but that was very hard to maintain with 2 babies and a household to run. I think I ended up maintaining a 23% BF number for a few years.
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are starting on the 19th. I did the program back in 2001 and was super amazed by the results. Its work it. You can go to the website and it has all the information and spreedsheets you need for free.

Shall we start a group?