1234568»

Replies

• JohnCOConnor
    Options
    Some great ideas here.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use the 5 minute oatmeal, 1/2 cup oatmeal to 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk (almond, evap or low fat), I add more water is it gets too thick as I like it more creamy than thick. When done, I sweeten with sweetened condensed milk ( I now if full of fat but I try to allow for it on days when I crave it), top with grated nutmeg. Or somedays, just sweten wtih splenda, cinnamon, maybe a chopped up granny smith apple. But definitely prefer it with the condensed milk-very creamy and smooth.
  • AlisonLee2
    Options
    I make it in the microwave. I pour equal amounts rolled oats and boiling water into a 2L pyrex mixing bowl and leave it to sit until the water is absorbed. I then add anoter part rice milk (but you can do this with any type of milk) I use a 1/3 of a cup so 1/3 oats 1/3 water 1/3 milk I then microwave it for 2 minutes and leave it to sit for 2 minutes and it is done. I like it sweet so I use 1/2 - 1 tsp of agave syrup but you could also use maple or honey or sugar or whatever you like. Its easy and delicious and fast
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oldfashioned quaker oats, 0.5cup oatmeal, 1 cup water in microwave 2 minutes, after 2 minutes I add 4 to5 dried plums and let cook in microwave for 30 more seconds. When cooked I add 0.5cup frozen blueberries and stir. (frozen to get perfect temperature for the oatmeal to eat immediately, since I'm always in a hurry in the mornings). I usually eat it wih some milk.
  • indigoblue77
    indigoblue77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MOst def...mandy your recomendation to use soymilk has completely changed my oatmeal eating experience. It always felt a little blah....but now with the soymilk I really really like it---and starting the day without it just doesn't feel the same....
  • BonnieSeelinger
    BonnieSeelinger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal! Old Fashioned Rolled Oats. No cooking required. I put 1/2 cup oats in a tupperware. Pour on 1/2c of Whole Milk (good dairy fat and protein.) Add 1/2 to 1 c frzn berries. Cover it and let it all soak in on the way to work or dropping kids off at school. Within 5 to 10 minutes its all creamy and delicious. Its a great way to get that energy and belly filling carbs with great fiber for your body to burn in the AM.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    With ground flax seed, cinnamon, a little brown sugar and either 1/2 banana or unsweetened applesauce or pumpkin AND some kind of nut--usually walnuts or pecans.