How many Protein Shakes Do You Drink and When?

Options
April0815
April0815 Posts: 780 Member
I drink a protein shake after I workout and 1 45min-1hr before bedtime.

Just curious to see how everyone drinks theirs.

April

Replies

• mythos23
    mythos23 Posts: 15
    Options
    like you I have one after a workout, that or it's lunch, but I only have one
  • RunLillian
    RunLillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    GNC has a women's line... Be-buff if you workout or Be-full for those that don't. I'm taking Be-buff and like it so far.. which do you take? and for how long?
  • FireWeaver
    Options
    I used to drink one from my naturopath but it was hideously expensive and since I wasn't really working out too hard I could not really tell the difference.

I recently started drinking one again for breakfast at the recommendation of my mother's personal trainer. I'm pretty fit and active but never seem to actually look like it... so when I was wailing about my body troubles to her she suggested that I change my diet to replace a meal with a shake. So far it's working. So yes...breakfast for me. Gets me going and since I'm always in a rush it helps cut down eating time :p
  • Malvys24
    Malvys24 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I bought this protein mix at walmart called Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein- chocolate flavor. Its really good. I mix it with 6oz of 1% milk and 1/2 cup of frozen mixed fruit and 1/2 a scoop of the mix. I've used banana's and strawberries. I use drink it for breakfast when i want to eat extra good. It recommends to use 2 full scoops but i rather not have that much protein since i get plenty from my meals. Its a huge jar and it was pretty cheap.

Malvina
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    GNC has a women's line... Be-buff if you workout or Be-full for those that don't. I'm taking Be-buff and like it so far.. which do you take? and for how long?

I have Gold Standard 100% Whey - Vanilla Ice Cream. I have been drinking it for a week now. I have lost 50lb and I wasn't working out and I knew the next step was for me to start working out. So Monday makes 2wks working with a personal trainer. She recommended this one because it is low in fat and calories and there is no artificial sugar or really any kind. She is a fanatic about not using sugar replacement.

Let me know if you want the website address. They have like 17 different flavors.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb protein and I have one every morning along with green veggies and fruit blended up in it for a green smoothie.

That is my breakfast during the week.