385 calories left out of 1200... Not hungry..

Options
2»

Replies

• robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bank it for a day you'd like to splurge!
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like leaving some here and there in case I under estimate my calories or over estimate my exercise.
  • midodes29
    midodes29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ONLY 300 CALORIES??? WHAT FOOD DID U EAT?
    :bigsmile:
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm never not hungry...hahaah.
  • midodes29
    midodes29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WISH I CAN EAT LESS THAN 900 CALORIES AND STILL FEEL ENERGETIC
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: (how i feel about this thread)

me too!

WTF do you people eat all day, lettuce and veggies? sure you may feel full but that doesn't mean your diet is healthy or that you're eating neough.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me, I would be consumed with thoughts of ice cream or candy measured out exactly to use up my remaining calories.

LOL... Sadly I relate to this REALLY well!!! :D
  • transfixedtoast
    transfixedtoast Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    your body knows what it wants and it's got nothing to do with a number on this website. Listen to it and be kind to it.
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    WISH I CAN EAT LESS THAN 900 CALORIES AND STILL FEEL ENERGETIC

I have the exact opposite!! If I eat any more than about 1000 I feel really tired and lethargic!
  • Kmih
    Kmih Posts: 7
    Options
    I always have calories leftover but I will never eat if I am not hungry... I would never force yourself to eat just to get to that 1200 mark...
  • mestop1
    mestop1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you would like to be healthy please read the information provided.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I always eat at least 1200 unless I have the flu or something.

If I am having trouble eating enough for a few days, that seems to mean that my metabolism is slowing down to match what I eat, which is not good. It means I need to get some exercise to get things moving again, and have a cheat day to remind my body that everything is fine and no need to go into starvation mode. :)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Try having an extra meal planned for after a workout - I always have a smoothie ready to blitz when I get in, this has helped me, as been faced with half your cal intake again after a workout can seem daunting! I then follow this an hour or so later with lunch or dinner depending what time I have worked out.
    Also eat a bit extra at each meal on workout days, just little things like a few more oats and nuts in my porridge.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    385 calories left in my day out of 1200. Haven't exercised today. Not hungry. Satisfied. Eat just to eat??

Have you met all your nutritional needs?

Even if I'm not hungry, I sometimes drink a glass of milk before bed, or eat some nuts, not just to get the calories up, but also to make sure I reach my protein/fat goals.

Try to plan your meals in advance and log them in the morning so can hit your goals.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would have an apple or a cracker with some peanut butter. If I were you (replace 1200 with 1500 though), I would find it hard to sleep, as the hunger might kick in then. You don't have to have all 385, but just a little to make sure.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: (how i feel about this thread)

Me too! Dear heavens, I would be so hungry I'd be gnawing my own arm off. I polish off 1000 calories just for breakfast & lunch every day and I'm nowhere near done eating for the day. If my daily intake is below 2000 I feel starving and worry that I'm underfeeding myself. Eat people! Food is fuel!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If this is a one off then don't worry, if it starts becoming a habit then start preplanning your meals, making sure you get around 350-ish cals at each meal or 300ish if you snack. If you are having trouble eating all your calories then doing this can help keep you on balance.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm never not hungry...hahaah.
    ^^^^ THIS :laugh:
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Hillarious! And I feel the exact same way.
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a great idea. They pack in a lot of good calories in a small quantity. A 1/4 cup is over 300 calories.

I really try to get all my calories in each day regardless of hunger. A lifetime of dieting and periods of fasting have shown me how frustrating it can be when you're metabolism just shuts down. You definitely don't want that. ;)