I everyone, I'm from Auckland NZ, keen to make friends

Options
Anyone from auckland area who would like to help me with support! it's going to be a loooooong road ahea. 60kg to lose argggg :)
I am 30yr old female. work in mental health and study. so always pretty busy. love my animals and use my dog as a great way to exercise, my favourite activity of all is swimming. i absolutely love the water!!

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

Have a mooch around the forums and see if you can find others with similar goals or interests as yourself then shoot them a friend request (it can help to include a quick message as to why you would like to be friends) Also, if you have specific interests you can use the search button just above your post to look for things that interest you...in your case try searching for "NZ" or "Kiwi" I have seen a fair few around

Good luck
  • foxyminxxx
    Options
    cheers for the advice, much appreciated :)
  • Kerrihurman
    Options
    Hi there. Whereabouts? I'm on the Shore and love swimming myself. I'm in health promotion so there's some common ground there too. :happy:
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    There's a NZ group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/380-new-zealand-group

join us there!

i'm from south auckland :-)
  • Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm across the Tasman in Melbourne but happy to support and cheer you on if you would like to add me :smile:
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Im in Canberra but my brother lives in Auckland! Im waiting for registrations to open next month for the Auckland marathon - cos I'm coming over (for the half)!!!

Im a nursing student and have huge admiration for those working in mental health. I enjoy swimming - try to do it once a week, and my dog is my walking buddy too.

Good luck with your journey! It is doable, and MFP does work! I've lost almost 30kgs, and have another 4 or 5 to go.
    Brooke
  • g_warne
    g_warne Posts: 28
    Options
    Also, those of us from NZ using MFP have a facebook group too. If you add me as a friend on here I'm sure can get you added. There are lots of us from NZ and many from auckland. :)
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey!!
    I'm from Wellington =) Feel free to add me, I LOVE having other Kiwi's on here to chat to about relelvant foods etc!!
    Goodluck!
    Xxx
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I am in Hastings

the facebook group is http://www.facebook.com/groups/255128684526821/355739187799103/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity
  • ioannaheartsyou
    Options
    Hey, I just joined and I'd love to support you :) Mostly 'cause I need some support myself!
  • foxyminxxx
    Options
    I am in West Auckland. Henderson/Te atatu south :)
    Just joined Westwave down the road for swimming and group exercise classes
    Also found the facebook group for the NZ users. Very helpful!
    Oh and my profile pic is of me eating my 30th bday cake. Very drunk in that pic lol
  • mammarox
    mammarox Posts: 3
    Options
    HI, I'm from Auckland and have just started today, it being day 1 of school hols and all!! Am hoping this will work, as am over the various types of diets etc
  • caprice7
    Options
    hi everyone am new to this second day of MFP am loving it but have not got a good track record at sticking at anything
    Am from Auckland and need to lose about 25 kg :-) looking for any friends
  • healthyformeanMona
    healthyformeanMona Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    welcome! Always more fun on the looooong road with some friends. Add me if you like!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am in West Auckland. Henderson/Te atatu south :)
    Just joined Westwave down the road for swimming and group exercise classes
    Also found the facebook group for the NZ users. Very helpful!
    Oh and my profile pic is of me eating my 30th bday cake. Very drunk in that pic lol

Im a westie too! living in melbourne atm west wave is great, All your fitness needs under one! enjoy :)
  • body_in_progress
    body_in_progress Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chch and happy to help you along the way, I have no Kiwi MFP friends so makes it hard sometimes when people only log on when your asleep and you need someone to give you a kick up the butt :)
  • foxyminxxx
    foxyminxxx Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys! Feel free to add me as a friend. I actually moved to Whangarei a few months ago so the Journey continues :)
  • tessas2013
    tessas2013 Posts: 3
    Options
    Iv never really posted in the threads before but I just wanted to say hello because i thought we had ALOT in common :):)
    Im a kiwi, 24, work in Mental Health and also am studying!
    Iv lost about 27 kgs so far and have a few more to go before i reach my goal
    best of luck !!
    =)