WHATTTTTTTT???

Options
Ok to some this may not be big but to me this is oneof the best nvs Ive had in a long time... I have neuropathy and fibomyalgia which is 2 very painful conditions... Ive been exercising tot he point of feeling pain and then I stop so afraid to push because well I would like to get out of bed the next day......

well today I had a very bad day and decided to go for a walk outside.. me and my son went to this park there is a lake... and its 1.2 miles around it... I could never go around Id get 4th of the way get scared and turn back..... having all these what if your legs give out how will you get back to the car.. what if what if... well today NO what ifs... I was determined to walk it at a brisk pace... and guess what I DID all the way around.. I even jogged at a slow pace for a bit .. but I finished it... I finally finished it.... :love: :flowerforyou:

I had to share with you alll... never let your mind tell you that you cant!:smooched:

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Perfect little tale of success! Thanks for sharing that one.
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story to end my day :) Congratulations xx
  • LoveAngie23
    Options
    Congrats! You have every right to be proud of yourself :flowerforyou: that's awesome!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! In 2 weeks you will be going around that twice :wink:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope so... :)

Great NSV! In 2 weeks you will be going around that twice :wink:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    That IS great!
    What might not be a "big deal" for some people can be great progress for others. I was able to genuflect for the first time in years this past Sunday! Okay, I had a hard time getting up, BUT my knee made it all the way down! Getting up will get better.

Celebrate ALL your successes! :drinker:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome NSV for you...and you are right celebrate it because its one step closer to getting you to your goal
    That IS great!
    What might not be a "big deal" for some people can be great progress for others. I was able to genuflect for the first time in years this past Sunday! Okay, I had a hard time getting up, BUT my knee made it all the way down! Getting up will get better.

Celebrate ALL your successes! :drinker:
  • DCAT3
    DCAT3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It only takes once now you know you can DO it . Great Job:bigsmile:
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Melissa, That is Great, Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :) Great job!!!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! :D
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant :) Well done :)
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS- that's awesome! I have fibro also so I know what a struggle some days can be just with that. I have also been pushing myself and found I'm feeling sooo much better and the pain doesn't seem as bad. Still can't do an elliptical and some exercise are too much and will knock me down for a day. Nights are always bad no matter what, but I hope eating right and doing exercising are the key to less pain in the end. Again, great job and so proud for you!
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Good job and keep it up!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Awesome job. Thank you for sharing. This is what I needed to hear this morning. I hope you have a great day and keep up the fantastic work! :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. A very inspiring NSV. thanks for sharing!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations! Woot! Woot!