hello

Options
Hi

I just signed up yesterday. I'm worried that i loose my motivation and slip back into bad habits.

Anyone any tips?

also are there any fitness challenges that might keep me focused.

Thanks
Sheena x
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Yes. Recognize you definitely WILL slip up once in awhile! That is normal and why we r here. Just love yourself first and believe you are worth it. Work hard and we will b here for you! Add me as a friend if you wish!
  • Chiquita_Bnana
    Options
    Find something that you really like...wine? Cookies? Chocolate? Anyway, what ever it is, you can exercise to gain available calories so that you can have that guilty pleasure (in small portions, of course, or you will be doing cardio for hours). I know it is kind of silly, but it has worked for me. If I want to have that high-calorie food, I just go to gym or walk to increase what I call points (aka available calories).

I started recently, but another thing that helped is having my friends from work and my sister doing this. I feel guilty eating that donut or bagel at work...we motivate each other...:)
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just do your best to stay within your calories...take a "cheat" meal once a week....treat yourself, it helps you stay on track. Drink enough water and get your calories from healthy sources. This site is about relearning how to eat, whether that be reducing portions and/or learning which foods give you the most bang for your buck and keep you full longer. Fell free to add me
  • SheenaDuguid
    SheenaDuguid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys.

I think thats really true BigJimmyu - we're all human and I suppose slip ups are inevitable. i think i should cut myself some slack and not worry about it - as I'll probably make myself slip up through the worry! vicious circle

Jasmincontrer - thank you so much for that tip - never thought of that before - I just need to find out what calories are in guilty pleasures and work them off before I have them.

thank you both :flowerforyou:
  • hazelapple
    Options
    Im Hazel, joined today. Need friendly motivation .. like everyday lol.. so add me ill add you check my blog here.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I am technically starting when I wake up (about to go to bed now). If you like we can keep eachother movited online. :smile: And good luck to you as well. Good nite.
  • SheenaDuguid
    SheenaDuguid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    how much water should I be drinking? I'm going for a glass everytime I feel hungry, having that first to try and combat the food wants. I know I'm not hungry so don't want to say hunger pangs!

Islandjumper - I'm also a vegetarian - do you have any other tips?
  • shed1073
    shed1073 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello there...I'm new to this site and would love everyone's support in losing this last 10 lbs and help keep it off forever!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    how much water should I be drinking? I'm going for a glass everytime I feel hungry, having that first to try and combat the food wants. I know I'm not hungry so don't want to say hunger pangs!

Islandjumper - I'm also a vegetarian - do you have any other tips?

I try to drink a couple glasses with each meal...it helps curb hunger (if you're running low on water you'll feel hungry, so a couple glasses before a meal will take away the fake "hunger pangs"...I aim for 8 but if its more or less I'm not concerned.
    As for being veg...do your best to stay away from the empty carbs like pasta and bread (I love bread but I go for whole grain)...it's not all that filling. If you eat a fairly clean diet (little to no processed foods) sticking to veggies, tofu, lentils, beans etc...you'll find it hard to get up to your goal every day. For me it's only when I start adding in take out and pastas that I go over my calories. My diary is open, you're more than welcome to look at it.