Post-Workout Soreness

Hey, I have just started doing P90X and I am experiencing some soreness in my arms. My first workout was on Monday but my arms are still somewhat sore today. I was wondering, should I be able to workout my arms (today, I am supposed to do Shoulders & Arms) or should I do another workout that does not focus on so much on my arms (i.e. Kenpo X). Also, are there any ways to relieve my arm soreness?

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    go ahead and work out. It'll help the soreness
  • Plumbvz
    Plumbvz Posts: 6
    I do P90X also, it goes away. Your body is probably in shock like mine was for the first month. But you should be a bit sore afterwards, otherwise I understand it because you are not working out hard enough. I know they make recovery drinks that help also. I like the Modern Labs BCAA. Also make sure it is sorness, not something more serious.
  • U need a post workout supplement or a protein shake renember theres a one hour window after ur done working that is crucial to ur muscles they need protein to recover ....... I weight train and do cardio every other day trust me ..immediatly after workout
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    the good old "good pain"
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Thats won't really help with the pain... but yes, protein is good for recoverly.