need mushroom recipes!!

Options
da_sammit
da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
i need some good mushroom recipes.. preferably lowcal but it doesnt have to be.. anybody care to share? even links??

Replies

• sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
  • da_sammit
    Options
    oohhhh bookmarked! thanks!!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've never been a mushroom lover until recently, I have been using chestnut mushrooms to bulk up my meals and what I do with them typically is quarter or slice them, fry in a small amount of olive oil, once they are cooked I add in a couple of splashes of soy sauce....lovely! You could throw in some garlic salt instead or whatever herbs you enjoy.
    Mix them through some cous cous or pasta or rice.
  • Hoptooit
    Hoptooit Posts: 4
    Options
    And I found a use for the Egg Slicer when not in use. It makes perfect slices of Mushrooms.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    verjuice is wonderful with mushrooms. Maggie Beer produces it. Alot of grocery stores have it these days. Just cook your mushrooms in a saucepan or roast them as normal, and then just before you take them off sprinkle over some verjuice and then cook it off. It is incredible. Completely lifts the flavour by adding a bit of sourness. Good with lots of other veggies too.

Mushroom risotto is also good. And mushroom burgers if you have portobellos. Stuffed mushrooms.... nom nom nom.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • da_sammit
    Options
    the verjuice sounds good.. is it the same as red wine vinegar??
  • da_sammit
    Options
    meow?