Is 30 DS suitable for someone with BMI 35?

Options
Have ordered 30 DS but wondering if I'll be ok to do it as from what I have read it sounds intense?
I currently do a Zumba class for an hour 3-4 hours a week, 2-3 days power walk and 2 hours toning, so hoping my fitness levels high enough to cope with it. Anyone else done it at a higher weight?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bmi doesn't mean ****...
    you can do whatever you set your mind to :)
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yea i've done 30ds with a bmi of 36...maybe 38 I cant' remember. Its awesome for inch loss. I have since lost 62lbs (17lbs since using MFP properly in jan)
    I would definitely recommend it. You can modify all the moves and its only 20mins so its highly achievable.
    Go for it! xxx
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    really only your dr can tell you if you shouldn't do it...but if health isn't a factor then sure...go for it. If something is too intense for you don't do it full out. she does 2 levels within the videos, a more advanced and a beginners, but even with the beginners I found myself taking breaks and not doing it all the way. Don't overdo it...don't do more than you can do (but at the same time you can push yourself within your own limits)....does that make sense?
  • acook104
    acook104 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a while and I have a BMI of 33. I think you'll be fine, because you're already on a really active program.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bmi doesn't mean ****...

This... Jillian says its suitable for even 400lb people... you'll be knackered but you'll egt fitter and it'll get less knackering...but you're better off doing longer proper workouts and getting into the good habit of proper amounts of exercise and for longer periods... the longer you work out the more calories you burn for the same effor at 20 minutes.... simpl;e maths... work harder for longer and you'll burn even more and get fitter.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi. Yes, you can make some of the moves simpler by doing them with smaller or no weights and most exercises have an easier option which she shows you. Go for it!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bmi doesn't mean ****...

This... Jillian says its suitable for even 400lb people...

Sorry BMI just pisses me off...
    an athlete could be classified as "morbidly obese" with a bf % of like 7%
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do the 30DS and I just take it at my own pace but by the sounds of it you should be OK ie, Zumba, power walking numerous times a week - surprised you can find the time to do the 30DS :wink:

Hope you enjoy and it is only 30min workouts including warm up/cool down :happy: