Anyone From the UK

Options
I have finally decided to take the proverbial bull by the horns and get rid of this overweight. I have gradually doubled my normal weight over a period of eight years. The result? I am seriously ill. I have joint problems, serious allergies, asthma and several other maladies.

The only way to do this is reverse what I have failed to do. Firstly I have decided to walk everywhere that I can. I shall swim at least three times a week, gradually building up the laps. I have an excercise bike that has gathered cobwebs. 10 minutes light excercise every morning, and every evening.

I have already managed to remove all tea and coffee with sugar from diet. it was hard, but I cannot imagine drinking it with sugar now. I have removed chocolate almost completely. I have one mini bar every week to reward myself for my progress. No crisps(chips in the rest of the world) also been hard but I'm over the initial cravings, and I NEVER shop when hungry any more.

SO anyone in the Uk, who wants to share their ups and downs with me on a regular bais and become a weight loss buddy please message me.

tantrumfly :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey there. i'm from the uk. down a bit futher south though in birmingham.
    not a lot of people seem to be from our side of the world but there are some around.

good luck with your progress sounds like you have made a great start.

Ben:smile:
  • ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Heya!

Im from the UK, this site has really helped me...you should join in with the UK group

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/57701-team-uk-week-8-and-9

we have challenges and goals, it really helps, knowing you are going ot be checking into a group of people! and theyre great when you're having a bad day...

Good luck with it all, hopefully see you in there

Christy x
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • imi1111
    imi1111 Posts: 14
    Options
    hi im from uk and like u have decide enough is enough. i have manyy health issues and the doc is stuck on 3 words for me. lose the weight.
    kepp up the good work.
    tc