how to make a low fat dessert for that night craving

Options
any suggestions welcomed

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    strawberries, low cal cool whip, and angel food cake, it's high in sugar, but it's pretty low in calories. As long as you don't go crazy with the portion size, it's a very good desert!
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I go for berries too.. RIght now is a great time....have a big bowl of strawberries, blueberries or blackberries...or mix them all in together with just a teaspoon of real sugar . let it sit for a few minutes and as the sugar breaks down, it get kind of syrupy...filling and deliscious! Even with the sugar it's pretty low cal. and good for you!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    fat free pudding with cool whip

strawberries dipped in powdered sugar

i'm in love with the betty crocker warm delight cakes. only about 150 cals each. you just zap them in the microwave and they are soooo good:love:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Skinny Cow fudgsicle. 90 cals, 2 fat grams, delish & worth it.

Lowfat cottage cheese + berries/cherries/canned peaches (lite syrup).
  • moorekaos
    moorekaos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Break one large graham cracker in half and make a sandwich out of the halves with chocolate coolwhip (fat free)---freeze & enjoy.

No sugar added fudge pops.
  • melrose24
    melrose24 Posts: 8
    Options
    Also you can try any sugar free jello with lite or fat free cool whip. I usually choose raspberry and use the lite cook whip and even put in some frozen raspberries.

It's totally guilt free!:tongue:
  • mcanix
    mcanix Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the Healthy Choice Fudge Bars (frozen treat). 80 Calories and Oh, so yummy!!
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you like pumpkin pie:

Canned Pumpkin (not the kind with added stuff, and heat in microwave for a min), pumpkin pie spice, sugar (you dont need much), and some Reddi Whip. The pumpkin has lots of fiber and is easy on my stomach. Plus, because it's a warm treat, it really tastes like dessert :)

Someone else on here gave me this idea last winter. It's definitely not a "warm weather food," but I had it last night, and it was just as yummy :)

I also give a vote to berries this time of year!
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    oddly enough.... cheese takes my sweet tooth away, and it's a great source of protein. Almonds can do the same. (I know, I know, chocolate is better, but...)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Break one large graham cracker in half and make a sandwich out of the halves with chocolate coolwhip (fat free)---freeze & enjoy.

No sugar added fudge pops.

You could also do this with a bit of frozen yogurt.
  • imi1111
    imi1111 Posts: 14
    Options
    thanks guys this was helpful, i loved the pumpkin idea. hmm cheese im not too sure lol but thanks