Looking for some support

Options
Zalissa
Zalissa Posts: 23 Member
I just started over. Last year I was doing great up until I injured my knee. That was in July. The injury eventually lead to arthroscopic knee surgery in December. I had a lovely, sad little pity party for myself. I ate whatever I wanted and couldn't really work out , so I put on about 25 lbs of the 43 I had lost. I'm now just about 3 months to the date from knee surgery. I still can't get too intense. No running for me yet, but I'm hitting the gym 3 days a week. I typically work out an hour; 30 minutes of weight lifting and 30 minutes of cardio (on a bike). I find it a little difficult to cope with not being able to work out the way I used to yet, but I'm plugging along.

I've struggled with my weight all of my life, but I'm desperately trying to change my lifestyle. Cholesterol issues and family history of heart disease through the female side of my mother's family has me focused. I only got a little lost when I injured myself. I didn't reach out for support last year, but I'm not making that mistake again.

Replies