New here

Options
Hi there... my name is Kelly...I usually go by Kel..I am 37, married with 2 kids and 2 step kids...I am a homemaker and live in Kansas.

This will be day 2 of my Body By Vi shakes. I did have gastric by pass a couple of years ago but have had some trouble with keeping the weight that I have lost off and losing more that I need to. The day of surgery I was 306 and now I am 235. I want to lose more..not sure how much, I don't want to set too big of a goal yet..but I am hoping for 20 pounds by mid summer.

Well, anyway, that's me. I'm excited to be here!!

-kel

Replies

• maniakal420
    Options
    Good morning, add me if you like I'm in KC metro area!
  • WithDiamonds
    Options
    Hi! My name is Elli, and I weigh about 127 lbs. For some, that doesn't seem like a lot, but I have a heavier body type, and look overweight. I want to loose about ten lbs for spring break so that I can fit into my old swimsuit! I have two cats, one (rather annoying) dog, and I'm currently a student. I still live with my parents (in their basement! How hilarious!). Anyone want to chat or just be friends, I would be very open to that idea!
  • kellygirlfail
    Options
    Thnak you both!!! I am happy to be here!!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey Kel,

I just ordered the Body By Vi shakes. I dont know what to expect. A friend of mines lost 5lbs in a week... Worth a try. Mines should be here tomorrow : ) Heard they was tasty : )

Oh & Im 31, married, two kids and one step son. I have like 40lbs I would LOVE to lose...
  • MelissaMKing
    Options
    Hi ladies!

My name is Melissa and i'm from Moncton, NB Canada. I'm a single mom of a beautiful almost 3 year old boy, living with my amazing boyfriend I met last summer. I've always fluctuated with my weight, from 190, down to 125, got pregnant when I reached my goal weight. Gained 80 pounds when I was pregnant and that was 3 years ago. I've been maintaining my weight at around 135-140 for a year now but its incredibly hard! I'm a carb lover and love weekend snacks! Salty carby ones! I love this site because i can become aware of what is going into all my hard work and hopefully will be keeping it off.

I want to lose about 10 more pounds of weight that I carry in my belly. I had a C-section so it's been VERY hard to lose it in the abdominal area, even though i'm a regular gym class junkie! As soon as I gain a pound it goes right to my midsection! ARGH! :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome...feel free to add me if you like.
  • kellygirlfail
    Options
    They are pretty tasty when you do the recipes, I hear. Plain, they aren't bad, but they aren't wonderufl either. lol..last night I added some strawberry yogart to it and it helped fill me up and it made it taste really good. this will only be day 2 for me, so I really new to it.

Good luck yall!!!!
  • JacqueBackhus
    Options
    Kelly I'm soooooo glad you are here! I lost 6lbs in my 1st week on Body By Vi. But more importantly I noticed that I just felt better overall. Which is what being healthy is all about. I HATE the words diet and skinny! I REFUSE to diet and I definitely don't ever want anyone to call me or consider me as skinny. I want people to look at me and say she looks AMAZING, HEALTHY, FIT..... My suggestion is to make a goal sheet. Write down: the day, your weight, measurments, 3 things you like about yourself, 3 things you want to change in 90 days, and what your going to do to attain those goals. For example I have "try to make better eating choices, stick to it for 90's day, and do some form of exercise EVERYDAY, even if it's only for 15minutes." GOOD LUCK little lady and I'm here for you when ever you need me!!!!!!!

PS: Kelly and I went to Jr High and Hi-School together. :-) In highschool she colored my hair........ purple!
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is great info Jacque. I didnt see this before I posted on Kelly's other post lol..Cant wait to start