SELF TANNERS

Options
ashquin
ashquin Posts: 248 Member
what are some good self tanners out there. i feel so pasty and need some color. i prefer not to go to a tanning bed, but i dont want to be streaky and orange. hmmmm

Replies

• xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i use a bed so im not really much help.
    But yesterday there was a thread about this sort of.. & some ladies put in some self tanners throughout so you might find some opinions on here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/517467-tanning-give-me-your-thoughts?hl=tanning&page=7#posts-7231517
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add but most people i know who self tan usually end up looking like they use this:

fullTVC020904202717PIC.jpg
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am interested too. I am blindingly white. I haven't found anything that's not orange and I've tried tons of them. It's really hard to add color to fair skin.

I wouldn't do a tanning bed, but my legs never get any natural sun, even wearing shorts. I think my obelisk shape keeps my legs well shaded. :laugh:
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Jergens Natural Glow builds slowly. L'Oreal Sublime has some that are more instant and you have to be more meticulous. You might be a bit orangey the first day, but it fades. I apply every 3 days or so on the L'Oreal, every day on Jergens.
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    I personally don't self tan (don't need to) but my sister and mother use Johnson's Holiday Skin, the jist of it is that you apply it once a week and it'll gradually build up each week from barely there, to golden, to orange.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add but most people i know who self tan usually end up looking like they use this:

fullTVC020904202717PIC.jpg

Sooo true! A lot of girls I see that use self tanner end up orange from over use, but if they don't use it they are white again. I would rather be white than orange, in my own opinion.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I only use self tanners I also get airbrush tanned which is amazing and if you find the right place a good rate as well :-) I use L’Oreal Sublime but I also mix it with Aloe because aloe is the #1 moisturizer for your skin (the regular green kind used on most sunburns) because it soaks into the skin unlike smelly good lotions which sit on the skin. So everyday shower when skin is still a little wet mix Aloe with self tanner and use as lotion everywhere and you will realize a nice tan and silky smooth skin :-)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If you have a Sun Tan City near you - I have used the Versa Spa spry tan and it worked really well. Just don't go to dark. I stopped bed tanning 4 years ago and use a l'oreal instant bronzer on my face. And yes - I know I am a guy - but even guys don't wanna be pasty!
  • Debrocs
    Debrocs Posts: 1
    Options
    Sublime Tanning Towelettes by Loreal goes on without streaking and looks natural .
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Jergen's Natural Glow for light skin.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Mystic Tan HD (Spray tan, at the salon)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I CAME OUT OF THE WOMB TAN!!! BE JEALOUS MY FRIENDS
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I use a tanning bed for the following reasons. 1) I spent the 1st 30 years of my life living in the sun, any damage is already done. In those days, the only protection against sunburn was a) a tan or b) long sleeves and a hat, 2) I have a dark complection that tans easily 3) I hate the 'bikers' tan I get if I don't tan all over. That said, I don't tan for a long time at a time and only once or twice a week. I use sun screen when out in the sun all day and keep my skin well hydrated.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I don't know about self tanning but when I used to spray tan all the time, I had to get a real tan first or else it would be orange..so I tanned in the bed for like a month, then started spray tanning.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I only use self tanners I also get airbrush tanned which is amazing and if you find the right place a good rate as well :-) I use L’Oreal Sublime but I also mix it with Aloe because aloe is the #1 moisturizer for your skin (the regular green kind used on most sunburns) because it soaks into the skin unlike smelly good lotions which sit on the skin. So everyday shower when skin is still a little wet mix Aloe with self tanner and use as lotion everywhere and you will realize a nice tan and silky smooth skin :-)

Thanks! This is interesting. I think I will try it. I have used L'Oreal Sublime and liked it but never tried mixing it with aloe.
  • Snickerdoodle44
    Options
    Victoria's Secret is the best...and I have tried A LOT of different self-tanners!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    interesting. gonna try that

Thanks! This is interesting. I think I will try it. I have used L'Oreal Sublime and liked it but never tried mixing it with aloe.
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Some girls in that other thread recommended Fake and Bake Flawless.
    I googled it and it got great reviews, so I think I am gonna give it a try. I have used a tanning bed before but my husband hates when I do because of the skin cancer risk... I know he's right, so I said I would try this stuff.