Lina's Greek Yogurt Panko Chicken Breast! (With Pic)

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday dreaming about food and what I was in the mood to eat...FRIED CHICKEN! But since i'm trying to lose a pound or two (or fourty), fried chicken was probably not the best option. So in my head I was trying to come up with a good breaded chicken breast that could be baked. Every single freakin' time I make breaded chicken breast and put it in the oven I have problems. The breading falls apart. The eggs don't really coat the chicken and I end up with all of the breading on my fingers instead of the chicken. There had to be a better way. Then it clicked GREEK YOGURT! I am telling you right here, right now, right this minute that this recipe is easy and FAN*@#&*@#^@*^&*TASTIC! I called my husband (he was off) and asked him to take out boneless skinless chicken breast and when I got home, I made this....

Measurements are all up to you. Please decide how much or how little you want and calculate the calories based on that. I'm just going to give you the idea and you can go to town with the rest!

I used:

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (thawed, of course)
Greek Yogurt
Salt to taste
Italian Style Panko Bread Crumbs
Pam Spray

Scoop some Greek Yogurt out of container and place in a bowl. Mix until the yogurt is smooth. Add salt to taste.

Pour the Panko bread crumbs in a plate.

Take finger and swish inside yogurt bowl and take a taste (you know you want to, you know you will)

Dip chicken breast in Greek Yogurt and coat the entire breast.

Take chicken breast and press against Panko bread crumbs until the entire breast is covered. Just press down. it works. I promise.

Spray a baking dish with Pam. Place the coated chicken breast inside baking dish.

Spray the chicken breast with Pam on top. This makes the top crispy.

Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for a good 50 to 55 minutes.

Serve with whatever your heart desires. I served with broccoli.

m223901307.jpg

This turned out exactly the way I imagined it would. It is so juicy, so tasty, so delicious, so OMG I WANT TO EAT THIS EVERY NIGHT good. Everyone loved it. You will too.

P.S. I am sure that I am not the first person on the planet to coat chicken breast with yogurt and Panko crumbs. I am not trying to take credit for this invention, but I invented in my head yesterday and tried it, it turned out to be the bomb.com so I thought I would share. Thanks and Thanks!

P.P.S. I know, I talk a lot.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• mncodergal
    mncodergal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy and sounds delicious!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    That looks amazing. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely be trying this very soon.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I couldn't see the photo, but it sounds tasty! Thanks for sharing!
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    ooo, sounds great! And I usually have all the things to make it in my house. I think this is hittin' the oven in the next few days.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have to admit... I may have just fallen in love with you a tiny little bit.

As a good ol' southern girl, giving up my friend chicken has been painstakingly difficult. and, like you, i've never had success with it in the oven.

the picture looks amazing! i wanna lick my monitor right now!
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sweeteater65
    Sweeteater65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks very tasty and sounds so easy! I'll be trying this real soon. :)
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    yum...hav to try this
  • JVWard98
    JVWard98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!!! Thank you for sharing and sharing the pic too! That is always nice when people post what it turns out like = )
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This sounds great, and I'm all for super easy recipes. You are quite hilarious as well. Thanks!
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    looks like a keeper
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    yum!!!
  • glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds great.. I'll be making this soon!
  • Embell0830
    Embell0830 Posts: 105
    Options
    bump
  • scsksouthern
    scsksouthern Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will certainly be making this soon!!! Thanks for posting. You would make a great food journalist---LOVE the humor!
  • itsall4younow
    Options
    Bump

Totally making it this weekend! I have all the ingredients at home! :happy:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    adding to recipe folder
  • cfinnera
    cfinnera Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds great!
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I make this also, but I added a lil twist with homemade ranch instead of the yogurt. Mostly make these for the kiddies and they want ranch with EVERYTHING. Great post and the pic looks oh so yummy!
  • orangefizzz
    Options
    Awesome!! I bought whole wheat Panko the other day and haven't gotten around to using it yet because I'm too lazy to dredge and dip. This is just sooo simple! Thankss!!