30 day shred... how to calculate??? HELP

Options
does anyone know how to calculate the workouts on the 30 D S?? You'd think they'd have it in the database..??:grumble:

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but i'm starting the 30DS next week and I would like to know :)

I'm going to stay here and see the answers. Thanks :)
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the same
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think everyone just puts Jillian Michaels videos under circuit training, general. That's what I do with the Ripped in 30 video. I'm sure it's not perfect, I mean depending on how much you exert yourself day to day it will vary, but it's an estimate.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    circuit training, general is how I've always logged it.
  • 50nfit124
    50nfit124 Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm not sure, but i'm starting the 30DS next week and I would like to know :)

I'm going to stay here and see the answers. Thanks :)
    I started the shred today and might i say these 50 year old bones didn't do so bad!! I am SOOO happy.. this is one that i CAN STICK WITH..
  • 50nfit124
    Options
    thanks for your replys.. let me know how you all are doing with this!!!! It'll be fun to keep us motivated!!!.. CHEERS!!!:flowerforyou:
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor would be the only way to find out accurately how many calories you burned
  • 50nfit124
    Options
    A heart rate monitor would be the only way to find out accurately how many calories you burned
    Ok.. Thanks for the info.. !
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I put it under as circuit training. I don't have a heart rate monitor. I get about 160 cals back from her Ripped in 30 and the 30DS so Im happy with that for a 20min workout. I don't count the warm up.
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM & today makes day 8/Level 1 for me & I've been buring about 230 calories from start to finish which is about 27min. I log mines as Cardio. I would suggest investing in a HRM. You dont have to purchase a expensive one. feel free to check out my page and/or add me as a friend.
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
  • looloo99
    looloo99 Posts: 6
    Options
    When I did the shred for the first time, in the beginning I would burn 300-350 cals per session. When I would get to the end of the week tho, only 250 or so. Basically, the more my body got used to it, the less I burned. Now, a year later, when I do one of the workouts, I'm lucky to hit 150cals. An HRM is really the most accurate way to know what your burning.
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    for my weight (140) ripped in 30 comes out to around 200 calories burned in 24 minutes. I think sometimes I'm burning more than that because it is so challenging, but I'd rather underestimate than overestimate