We are preggers!

Options
My calorie counting is fixing to look a whole lot different thanks to two pink lines I discovered this morning! We are over the moon thrilled with this little suprise, and from the looks of things are due around November the 8th!

I'm a happy mama-to-be!

So, how much exercise can I do while pregnant?? I do not want to loose any weight, mainly just keep toning! I'm scared to keep running.

Fill me in :)

Replies

• freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Consult your OBGYN :)
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Consult your OBGYN :)

What she said!

And Congrats!
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!

Talk to your OB about exercise but every doc I've ever talked to says it's ok to maintain your current level of activity but you may have to back off on high impact activity when you are further along.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congratulation and may God bless you and your family. I agree with freeasharold, consult your OBGYN. As for ideas, there's yoga for pregnant women and walking (that I know my friends and family have done).
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yea, ask your care provider how many calories and exercise is safe for you. Although, I have known women who were very fit that continued running during their entire pregnancy. I was told not to start anything new, but that it was fine to continue with everything I was doing unless it became uncomfortable (which did happen with certain yoga poses :) ). And, certainly, at this early stage running should be perfectly fine.

Congrats!!
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! A friend of mine kept running all the way thru her final weeks. She walked out of the hospital in regular jeans. It was amazing! But definitely talk about it at your first prenatal appointment :smile:
  • misty6may
    misty6may Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Congrats!! Super excited for you guys!
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
    I agree, talk to your doctor, but most will tell you exercises you did prepregnancy are typically safe during. But also listen to your body. Even though I was a good runner before, I had to stop around 18 weeks because I got round ligament pains bad. But I was able to keep up low impact cardio just fine until 8 months.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Usually the dr will say you can keep exercising as you were before, so long as there is no reason for concern. As for the calories, personally I'd set to 'maintenance' the first trimester but not stress if you go a little over. Teeny tiny rice-grain baby does not need and extra 300 calories per day just yet. LOL When you see your dr or midwife, be sure to ask if they have any specific nutritional guidelines they want you to follow, many have a specific protein goal in mind (among other things) and you can easily use MFP to help you make sure you're getting what you need.

There is a group of pregnant mamas on here that can probably give you some great pointers, just in case you want to join the group and see how other ladies like to manage things during pregnancy:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • britt0905
    britt0905 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks so much! You all are the best! I see my obgyn in a few weeks, and I think until then I will go from running to just walking. This is my first pregnancy so I feel like airing on the side of caution. :)

I have a feeling these nine months are going to fly by!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My ob/gyn said that whatever I was used to doing before I was pregnant, I could still do. I rode a bike until I was 7 months pregnant, and only stopped because I was feeling a lot of pressure on my bladder:blushing:
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say congrates to you and your partner xx
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Talk to dr but I had a kickboxing istructor teach right until she had her baby!

Congrats! Those two pink lines can be the prettiest sight ever!!!:flowerforyou: