Overcoming :}

Options
DuckDuckDuck
DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
Tell me something about your life that makes it hard and how you have or how you are working to overcome it? Ill start. I have Dyslexia. I was told all growing up that I could not learn. I have studied it and now I believe my Dyslexia is a gift from God and one of my biggest assets. Yes there may be alot I have trouble with but the benefits far outweigh the bad. Dyslexics can use part of there brain that others cant. I have more creativities and more ideas than just about anyone I know. My husband says that I see the world different than others. I wold nor trade that for anything :}

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have schizoaffective disorder. A combo of wonderful schizophrenia and wonderful bipolar! J/k naw but i have gotten proper treatment and the thing with schizophrenia is most are very bright...almost genius...but unfortunatly have the doom of the illness. The meds cause major weight gain, but i have overcome that and lost the 95 lbs i gained! And manage to take up excersing. Too. Granted i cant really do much for the rest of the day...but at least i am doing something! Im a very tired girl! Sleeping keeps my sanity so i sleep alot. Getting up and moving is a task so to work out is a great accomplishment! Woohoooo
  • DuckDuckDuck
    DuckDuckDuck Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My dad had schizophrenia. He was a great man.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My dad had schizophrenia. He was a great man.

They usually re great people when not effected by psychosis
This discussion has been closed.