ugh

Options
I went almost 300 over my calorie goal today! That was WITH exercise!!! I am so frustrated with myself. I want to stay on track quite badly...and I am struggling. Not gaining weight but definitely not losing. Motivation please.

Replies

• anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    Call it a "surprise spike day" and do better tomorrow :)
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers used to tell us that its not what you eat for one meal that determines a loss or gain but 21 meals (3 meals a day for a week). I say chalk it up to a challenging day and move on. You can't change yesterday or what happened but you can move on from it. Its what you do next that really matters.

Maybe pre-plan what you are going to eat for the next couple of days to make sure you stay within your calories. Its not bad to have a "spike" day once in a while followed by a low day or two. It shakes up the metabolism and keeps it guessing a bit, which can help you see nicer losses.

Don't waste time beating yourself up about it, that is self-defeating. Think positive, set a goal or two these next couple of days and make sure you reach them. It will get you right back on track.

Good Luck!

Erin
  • Hattiejean
    Hattiejean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks friends,
    The next day was better and I torched over 600 calories at the gym. One. day. at. a. time.