About to go on a roadtrip..Need fast food eating advice!

Options
I am leaving on a 2 day trip both ways, so 4 days in a car, with 10 of my aunts, cousins, sisters, mom, etc! I will not be driving and more than likely we will not be stopping at Subway for every meal so, please give me advice for healthier lower calorie options at some fast food restaurants! Any advice would be wonderful :)

Replies

• Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think these stats are correct. You can go just about anywhere and get the bun replaced with lettuce. My favorite place to go is Panera and the pick 2 option there. You can find similar options and calories at Tropical Smoothie too. Firehouse Subs, Quiznos, etc all have Subway-type options.

* McDonald's Hamburger: 260 calories, 9g fat (3.5g saturated fat)
    * Wendy's Jr. Hamburger: 280 calories, 9g fat (3.5g saturated fat).
    * KFC Original Recipe Chicken Breast (with breading and skin removed) and a side of green beans: 190 calories, 4.5g fat (1.5g saturated fat).
    * Taco Bell Taco Salad (without the shell, sour cream, or cheese): 330 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat)
    * Panda Express Tangy Shrimp with a side of mixed veggies: 260 calories, 7.5 g fat (1.5g saturated fat).
    * Pizza Hut Fit 'N Delicious Chicken & Veggie Pizza (2 slices): 208 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat)
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Be Prepared - Pack what you can to take in the car with you. For fast food here's a good reference site. http://www.fatcalories.com/
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    And here's a site that lists some of the best options at places you may see.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/ffood.htm
  • meleah1976
    Options
    McDonalds - get a grilled chicken salad or the grilled chicken snack wrap with no cheese or sauce...under 300 cals
    Taco Bell - get a grilled chicken taco salad - ask for it FRESCO style with double chicken (double your protein) with NO RICE/BEANS....Don't eat the shell :)
    Wendy's - Side Chili and side salad -
    Arby's - Regular Roast beef sandwich - Don't eat the bread

These all fit in the guidelines of trying to keep meals under 400 calories - My favorite for sure is the taco salad with double meat fresco style!
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-A Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich is my go to fast food meal.

290 Calories
    4g Fat
    3g Fiber
    9g Sugars
    29g Protein

I use a packet of their Honey Mustard Sauce for 45 calories
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the information! I am so excited to go on a girls roadtrip, but I am the oldest cousin, all the others are in high school and obviously not dieting! I figure we will be hitting up a lot of McDonalds, Chickfila, etc. I really appreciate the info!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I always go for no mayo, grilled chicken sandwiches or wraps. And I always replace fries with a salad and water instead of soda. Good luck on your trip!