Mio - the flavored water mix

Options
I have found that the best way for me to drink a lot of water is by adding flavor to it. I've noticed that I really don't drink soda anymore and will instead pick flavored water. Is mixing Mio in my water bad for me when I'm trying to lose weight? It has zero calories but I am not sure if it has other substances in it that may be affecting my weight loss. I've only just started this journey but I want to be on the right path from the beginning. Thanks for your responses in advance.

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Account for the calories, its all good.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MIO!!!
    No calories, so DRINK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, great with a shot of Vodka if you are looking for a low-cal drink!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the Mio a week ago and LOVE them! Berry Pomegranate is my favorite. Really help get my water down for the day.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    MIO IS SO AWESOME!!! Seriously.... it's magical.
  • kdonley1
    kdonley1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Good to know. St Patty's day is coming up and I'm sure I'll want a drink...now I know of a good solution to go with.
  • latinabubbles
    Options
    I LOVE MIO!!!

ooowww, great idea there. Does vodka have lots of calories in it though? I found low cal margarita mix at walmart the other day. I was in shock. Regular mix is 120 calories. The low cal - 10. Amazing!
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Wow. Brilliant.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I use it sometimes, too. I started out using it more, but have grown more and more accustomed to water and don't mind drinking it plain now. I see nothing wrong with it.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like Mio as well but use it sparingly because it is pretty strong.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Some may find it tasty, but I'm not a fan of toxic additives. Propylene glycol (a close cousin to antifreeze) is the third ingredient in the stuff.

http://thegoodhuman.com/2009/03/31/what-is-propylene-glycol-and-why-you-should-avoid-it/
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    I LOVE MIO!!!

• whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    People I work with rave about it and drink it all day long, in different flavors. I dont have a problem drinking plain water so I passed on it. I did see that the ingredients list propylene glycol. Food for thought I am inserting this link:
    http://cltampa.com/dailyloaf/archives/2010/09/20/is-propylene-glycol-in-food-making-us-fat

I would guess that overall though, it is probably a better alternative to drinking soda all day.
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    a shot of vodka with it, I never thought of that! Great Idea!!!!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    love mio drink it alot but find that i feel thirsty so i mix it with plain water ...if your looking for low cal vodka go with Volli it's just out on the market and half the calories of regular. Vodka is lower in calories than rum or tequila so that's about all i'm drinking when i'm drinking these days